Ch 21: The End

Last chapter...here we go!

________________________________

"I'm still not sure what exactly happened!" I threw my hands up in frustration. "Did someone in this mafia kill him or did Benicio hire someone to?"

Alice watched me in concern as I paced back and forth across her room.

"The file said they had to 'do the deed'." I stopped. "Please tell me that does not mean they murdered him! I have a feeling that's exactly what it means...Oh lord, please let me be wrong!"

Alice bit her lip. "That's precisely what it means."

"Who then!? I need answers!" I collapse onto her bed.

Alice started to think then blinked. "Wait- Where's Tom?"

"He left. Now help me find my answers, please!" I pleaded and sat straight up.

"If I tell you, you're not going to like it." She cautioned. I scoffed. "Fine then. You're going out with him later. There, happy?"

Time stopped for a second and I stared at Alice with a deadpanned expression. "You can't be serious! That can't be real!" I blurted, refusing to believe it.

"As real my halo." She confirmed and gently flicked her halo, making it bobble a bit. Why was I even surprised with my answer?

A sharp knock on Alice's door startled me a bit. She gave me a wry smile and opened the door. Benicio stood outside, nicely dress.

"Are you ready (Y/N)? I couldn't find you in your room so I came here." He said.

I let out a deep sigh, hoping he wouldn't notice the anxiety I had building inside of me, "Yeah, I am." I stood up and walked over.

"Great! Let's get going then." He announced.

I nodded. "I'll meet you downstairs in a bit!" I called after him. I turned to face Alice, who had an amused look plastered on her face.

"Don't worry," She tried to reassure, "I'll come with you. And I might as well bring everybody else too..."

My eyes grew wide. "No, no, no! No one else is coming, Alice." I concluded, crossing my arms.

She sighed, " Fine. I'll go alone." Thank you!

I started heading to her door. "See ya there then." I gave her a weak two finger salute then hurried out the door to catch up with Benicio.

______________________________

I closed the heavy front doors behind me as I walked down the porch steps. Turning my head to face straight forward, I saw Benicio's white car pull up to the driveway.

"You ready?" He smirked, opening up the passenger's seat door for me. I smiled back at him and sat in the seat he offered.

After a few minutes on the road, Benicio noticed I was being extremely quiet. "Are you mad at me or-"

"Oh sorry! No, I'm not. Just...lost in thought." I assured, waving his question off. Even if I was lying, a bit.

He snorted. "Okay then." He finished and made a sharp left.

We reached the night club a few moments later and I stepped out first. Benicio kindly escorted me to the V.I.P lounge and ordered some drinks for us. It was kind of weird for me to be in the same room where this entire 'working for a mafia' fiasco began.

I started fiddling with my fingers. Just then, I saw the V.I.P lounge door open, Alice slowly walked in and sat across from me and Benicio.

"You're awfully quiet, (Y/N). Are you okay?" He asked, making direct eye contact with me.