Wedding Day: Part 1

Start from the beginning

Taking a breath, she opens it and starts to read:

Hello My Angel,

It's your wedding day, congratulations! I'm going to assume that you are opening this in the morning before you start getting ready.

I wish beyond all moments in your life that I could be there for this one. To walk you down the aisle, to see you in your beautiful dress and give your hand to the man that has stolen your heart. Please know that I will be watching every moment of your special day.

I'm sure you will look stunning in your dress and if Brian cries upon seeing you in your dress, know that I am too.

I understand you asking him to give you away, again I assume you've asked him. I envy him, but I can think of no one better to take my place.

To the lucky man that has stolen your heart tell him he has my full blessing and that he better look after you or I will come back and haunt him.

I'm not sure of the type of man you might fall for, please forgive me if I've got it wrong all these years and it's a woman you've fallen for but I'm confident that I am in you falling for a man.

My imagination is running wild about what he might look like but I get the sense that he's loving, kind, caring and loyal. Funny maybe? A gentleman and handsome, your my daughter and I know you would never settle for less than the best, so he must be quite the man.

I don't know in what order you have opened these letters, but I have a feeling either this letter or your first baby will be the last letter you open. If you didn't read this on the baby one, then your reading it now.

I'm sorry there are no more words from me, but these were all the moments I could think of. I love you my Milly, you are the light of my life and I hope we meet again someday. Just not too soon.

Enjoy married life and happy wedding day, my beautiful daughter.

All my love,

Dad xx

Sobbing, she holds the letter to her chest. She heard the door open and Anita's arms wrap around her, "I wish he was here, mum."

Anita holds her, letting her cry it out not saying a word until her sobbing settles down, "We all miss him, love. Especially on big occasions like this but he's with us, I truly believe that he will be watching over this day. Probably bursting with pride at how far you've come in life, I know I am and so is Brian."

Amelia pulls back and she wipes her daughter's tears away, "Now dry those tears it's your wedding day. Let's go get some breakfast then we'll start getting you ready once the hairdresser and photographer arrives."

"What about Freddie?" It might be her wedding day but she still has a son to look after.

"Brian will help him get changed once he's awake, but there's no point waking him yet. It's going to be a long day so let him sleep until he needs to wake." Following her downstairs, it was a calm breakfast until the rest of the bridal party arrived and then it's full steam ahead.

All of them get ready in Amelia's room, hair and make-up done together then once Rhiannon, Rory and Carys have their dresses on, they go downstairs leaving Ceinwen and Anita to help Amelia into her dress.