💌 Chapter Nine 💌

Mulai dari awal

Little did he and Daniel know, you have an unspoken pact to your mom before she left: to not pursue anything with your brother's bestfriend. But then again, maybe it’s not so unspoken, because how many times have you heard her say every time she saw you sleeping in the middle of Jungwon and Daniel before you got your period.

"If the two of you broke up, you will break your brother's heart too"

With a roll of his eyes for the reason you keep on ignoring him, he said dryly. "I am here to ask why you are so upset with Danny. It's not his fault and Auntie have to work for the two of you"

Your head whips in his direction. He open his mouth and closes it. Then you say, "What's it to you anyways?"

"Because I care", he said, totally serious. "I care about the two of you especially Danny. You don't see it, but that giant monkey really do loves you"

This earns him a smile from you, just as he knew it would and you shot him a look before throwing all the wrappers in the trash can. "I love him too. More than I can show, of course"

"You must really appreciate his craziness, at least he's giving your life a rush", he muttered, eyeing you closely with a smile. "Will I receive a souvenir from you in Seattle?"

And just like that you were grinning, knowing he's the first person to have a gift from you. "Help me with this, second little brother", you gestured for the luggage and he snagged it from you, setting it up on the top of your cabinet that you couldn't reach.

As he turn back to face you with playful scowl, it was unbearable how much he hated you for calling him that and it was his fault, and yet the small hatred for him was the worst kind, a tortured longing, a misguided wish that made your heart hammer in your chest.

"Didn't I told you not to call me that, Y/N? It's awkward to hear it when you are not my sister", he said, darting forward to give you a quick hug and you nodded into his chest before pulling away.

But you knew it would never happen.

You've never known yourself to chicken out before, but you suppose in matters of the heart, there’s no predicting how a person will or won’t behave.

💌 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 💌

The words "I hope you learned something from this" have been a constant background music of your life as long as you can remember and the usual preachers is the elders like your dad. There was no exception for tonight.

Daniel calls you from the living room; he says in his message, as though you didn't live in the same house, the jury of this family is ready. It means, he would be enjoying yet another hilarious scene of you being scolded by your dad.

He is really a supportive brother all the time.

The two of them were sharing a popcorn when you climbed down from your room. The movie of Maze Runner is playing in the screen. Like father, like son - they swiveled their heads in your direction at the same time.

"Oh, I'm here", you say, then you spot Jungwon as he sprawled in the carpet. "What is he doing here?"

As soon as you took the space beside Daniel before he shoves you down to his bestfriend, Jungwon says, "I have every right to be here!"

Standing up quickly in your feet and had thankfully landed beside him, not on his back - your eyes travels from Daniel to your dad, waiting for his judgement. Over the course of a few seconds, he stood up and crossed his arms, just as your brother graciously changed the channel from the source of cable to a USB files.

The second kiss of the century started in the screen - it was the kind of video where you couldn't hear any dialogues but at least the faces of the people is clear. There are the familiar bookshelves in the library, the few students roaming around and in the spot of the tables in the center part of the room - this is where your dad screams like he was being tortured and Daniel is having fun - there's you and Heeseung locked in each other's arms.

From his seat, your dad yells. "Is he even your boyfriend, Y/N? If yes, then why did you never tell us?"

"We thought there's no hiding secret in this house!", Daniel yelled as well, scraping up the last pieces of popcorn as he threw some in your face.

You hesitated to answer them. While you were not sure what to make of Jungwon's reaction, you wouldn't want telling them Heeseung and you were a thing. Even if he had said about it not being a mistake, him being your boyfriend is not the one you were asking for.

The one you were asking for is there in the carpet, he's waiting for your kind of response. All you say is, "It's complicated"

Daniel grins a toothy grin. He always looks like a naughty kid in your eyes, which is compatible to the way he acts naturally. "There's more, dad"

"I can't believe my first shy baby is now a woman", your dad said, feeling sniffy all of a sudden. He even offended his own son. "You were the only thing keeping me sane here because the other one is a constant headache"

He stepped forward as he takes you in his arm, whispering innocently as he did so. "Don't mind your brother and I think this is the time for you to branch out. Since you will not be going for Jungwon, go on live your life with this boy you were kissing"

All of a sudden you feel panicky and it's hard to breathe in his arms and you couldn't careless about crying in front of Jungwon. This day had been too much, so much had happened and soon, you know so many things will changed.

It's true, your dad always seemed to know the right decisions.

Sometimes this new phenomenon is a little too much, but who could say it will not be fun on its way?'

💌 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 💌

Vote & Comment!