💌 Chapter Six 💌

Start from the beginning

It was like a playful dance - you step to the left, Niki was there. You step to the right, he swerved in that way. You didn't have to dwell on why he was doing it, for Jungwon, the one you currently liked, draw him out the room with Sunoo. His dreamy voice reached your ears, too soft compared to Daniel's annoying tone.

"I plan to talk you first", he explained, locking the door to your brother and once again, you were trapped without a choice, but to stay.

His cheerful demeanour seemed unfit of his stark posture and unwavering stare. He looks as if he's about to say something more, then turns and gestures to the slightly crumpled letter in his hand. "What are you on exactly about this?"

"Mind if I ask, have you by any chance get it from the mail or directly from Daniel?", you enquired bravely, and he turned back to look at you, a smile confirming it comes in.

His slightly wavy brown hair at his forehead, his eyes to yours flustering you to no end as he waited for you to speak. He smelled faintly of baby cologne with some bits of ice cream, and for a moment, you forgot how the thing you were hiding from him is out.

From afar when you begun to have a crush on him, you had thought a boy like him had to be fake. A boy that was cute, handsome, honest, polite and a bit savage can't possibly exist. You can't deny that deep dimples, a skills in Taekwondo and his cat-like features was illegal in a way; you couldn't deny the one you liked the most out of the seven.

But you can't also deny the nerve of your brother's voice giggling through the door behind him.

Finally, you replied in a whisper, careful of your tone inside a bathroom with him at his previous question. "You already know why"

"So, out of the seven letters, which one of us is the best?", Jungwon pressed further, briefly looking down at the longest letter that you sent.

"Well, you - you didn't need to know that", your reply sounded thoroughly unsure - you already doubted what would he say if you tell the truth without hearing him first.

He eyed you with much attention, trying to decipher your thoughts. "If that's only what you were going to say which is obviously a lie, then maybe this letter is a mistake"

Before you could interrupt him, he continued with a swift raise of his free hand, determined to make you see sense prior to your lie. "But I don't really believe that you've moved on from me, either. Not when I can see the way you look at me"

Standing in a bathroom alone with him, with the late afternoon filling the windows, you hated yourself for not having the courage to say it to his face. And you realized that whatever else you'd done, it was the wrong move; because even though he was patient to wait - it had all gone horribly wrong the time Daniel sended the letters to the other boys.

And it wasn't fair to Jungwon.

When you cleared your throat, his face dropped. There must have been something in your eyes, which were always giving you away.

"Heeseung is the best for me", you began, and his face darkened a shade.

Thankfully, he was a nice boy and didn't dare to question you further, turning around and unlocked the door to leave. You had nearly forgotten your brother along Ni-ki and Sunoo, but it didn't take long for them to look at your face, it was enough for them to follow the Yang boy as well.