Chapter 43

It was a chilly morning and Marcus opened his mouth to watch his own breath fade away. Although he hated the cold, he loved to do this when he was a child and right now, he didn't even care about the fact that he was a grown man. The sun was hidden behind clouds so the day was rather overcast. He felt a presence behind him but he doesn't panic because he knows it's Leo, 'fuck man, it's cold here, can't you feel it?' Leo joins his side and tries his best to wrap his jacket around himself.

'I don't mind it, I just had a coffee as well, so I feel fine now'.

'Even having a hot drink won't help me Marcus, I'd rather be inside, but I'm lonely in there'.

Marcus chuckled, 'yeah? I figured, otherwise you wouldn't come out in the cold', he peered over the forest that sat on the other side of the street and thought about the animals that roamed around. Not having the luxury of the heaters and aircon, how would they stay warm? Yet, he said that he didn't mind the chill, but only for a certain amount of time. 

'Penny for your thoughts?'

He hears Leo say and he sighs, 'I don't have any pennies, sorry', he held his head in his hands, could this day get any better? Of course he was glad that he had Leo with him, and there was no way that he was going to leave him behind anywhere. He looked over to Leo and he noticed that he hadn't slept well, after seeing his face on the news, of course no one would be able to sleep.

'Stupid question, but are you okay?'

Leo shook his head, 'we're going to be found out, and our hiding spot will be swept right out from under us... I don't know if we should stay together', Leo's voice echoed through Marcus's head, 'what're you saying? I'm not leaving you'.

'But -'.

Leo was jerked to the side as Marcus grabbed him by the collar and looked at him closely, 'there's no way in hell that I'm leaving you behind, we're in this together, and I know that you  know that'. 
He could see the cogs working in Leo's brain, 'I guess... But what happens if that girl reports us? Look, I said that she wasn't paying attention, but what if I was wrong, what if she noticed and told the FBI?'

'Then we'll have to run'.

'I'm sorry'.

Marcus smiled gently and shook his head, 'stop apologizing, we've got this', he kissed Leo gently on the forehead, 'let's go back inside, I'm starting to get  cold'. 

Baloc looked up from the monitor when he heard his name being called, and he saw Finlay coming straight at him at full speed, which meant that she had some information, 'Finaly? What's wrong?' 
She gave him the biggest smile and it scared him, 'uh... Good news I'm guessing', he leaned back a little in his chair and waited for her to speak, 'I've sent you an email, it's got all the information'.
Without any hesitation, Baloc opened a new tab and signed into his email and selected Finlay's message. His eyes grew wide with excitement, 'we've found them both!'.

'It's even better for us because they're travelling together'.

'They must be very good buddies if they're doing that'.

Baloc was very eager to tell Storm, 'did Storm come into work yet?'

'I'm right here'.

Finlay turned to see Storm trudging over to them with some files under his arm, 'where'd you get those?' Finlay asked and Storm hesitated before answering, 'Stacey came over to mine last night and she had some stuff for me to look over... It's about the case... The Scarecrow Project'. 
Baloc wasn't so sure about how he should feel about that, 'what's she doing coming in and giving more information to you instead of waiting on me'.

'She said that she was too excited'.

Baloc pinched the bridge of his nose, 'okay, I'll deal with her later', he muttered as he motioned for Storm to pass the files over, 'so, this is about the project?' He said and he pulled out another chair to allow Storm to join him, 'there's this other file you should look at first, there's a photo'.
Baloc did just that and examined it, 'wait... Is that Foils and Graves? Also we just got a better picture of Humphrey which we'll send out to the media'.

'So... Is this guy Humphrey?' 

Baloc nodded, and his brow creased into a frown, 'so... It looks like Charleston Graves is closer to these two men, and the others may have been people who got in the way maybe?' 

'Could be, but we'll have to talk to these men first because they're the ones that hold the answers'.

'I'll report through and we'll send out the search team'.

Hotel Delorado.