Chapter 6

The person they spoke to them was a young man, this has got to be the guy that Melody was talking about... Jackson..., who looked around his early twenties, 'hey, how may I help you?' He almost sounded as if he liked his job. Baloc and Storm flashed their ID at him, 'FBI Special Agent Robertson and this is my partner Agent Fernald, we're here to talk to you about James Holly'.

The kid smiled at the name, 'yeah, I know him, he works here, I really like... Though, I haven't seen him, I'm thinking of talking to the manager about it'.

'You seem rather close?'

The kid shook his head, 'we're good mates, but we're working on my new car and I'm not a whiz like he is, so he's been teaching me, but of course, nothing can be done for now because there's no one here to help me'.

Storm and Baloc exchanged glances before Storm spoke, 'is it possible for us to talk to your manager?' The kid shrugged, 'sure, I'll go get him', he hurried off and was gone for a few moments before returning with an older man, he looked a lot younger than Holly, but certainly older than the young man they spoke to first, 'afternoon gentlemen, how may I help you?' He motioned for the young man to go fetch a few items to finish off the repair system, 'sorry, little rookie he is, but Jackson loves this place', the man smiled before holding out his hand to give both Baloc and Storm a friendly shake, 'the names Charleston Graves, so what seems to be the problem?'

'James Holly?'

'Oh yes, he's employed here, great guy... But uh, he hasn't shown up and he hasn't even answered my phone calls and now I'm getting worried. I was going to put in for a missing persons but Jackson insisted that he do it... Is everything okay?'

'I'm sorry, but Mr. Holly is dead'.

Storm watched Grave's face turn deathly white, 'what? What happened? Where was he found?' This guy looked very shocked, 'we found his body near the new theme park, it had been left there a few days ago'.

'Jesus fucking Christ'.

He raked his fingers through his hair and began to pace back and forth. Storm was quite interested in such a display, Mr. Holly's daughter said that Mr. Graves was giving him grief... As if they hated each other, so why is he reacting this way, as if he really cared?

Both Baloc and Storm waited for the man to calm down, 'this is ridiculous, who'd want to get rid of him?'

'Is it okay to speak to you in your office?'

Baloc quickly asked when a couple of customers walked in and Jackson had greeted them, 'yes, yes over here', Graves quickly motioned for them to follow him out the back where they went to sit down in front of a desk. It was quite muggy and the only thing that was keeping everything cool was a little fan, though it looked like it was on it's last legs.

'We spoke to Mr. Holly's family'.

'They're a lovely bunch'.

'Yes they are... but Mr. Holly's daughter -'.

'Melody Angela Holly, she is a very smart and beautiful girl, she's got the brains like her father'.

Storm made note of that, not everyday you would know the middle name of your employee's child, he listened further.

'Well, this was coming from Melody, she had told me that you and Mr. Holly weren't the best of buddies, that you've been giving her father grief'.

Storm could tell that Baloc had caught him, the act is over, 'well, sure we've had our disagreements, but they're only little'.

'Did you recently have one of your little disagreements before Mr. Holly disappeared?'

The atmosphere had changed instantly and the friendly man that had greeted himself to them was no longer there. Mr. Grave's eyes narrowed and his smile was wiped away, and he leaned his elbows onto the table, 'what're you getting at here? Are you saying that I killed my own employee because of a little disagreement?'

'I don't know, did you?'

Storm added and Graves glared at the both of them, 'I think you should leave, I'm in no mood to talk to anyone right now'.

'Where were you the night James holly disappeared?'

Baloc hadn't actually told the man when Holly had disappeared, but he was testing the man, but he seemed clean, 'I don't know when he disappeared, but I've been with my daughter, Melissa, now I suggest you leave'.

Both Baloc and Storm made their way to the door before Storm turned back to him, 'whatever you do, don't leave town', and then he left before Graves could say anything back.
He spotted the young man, Jackson, 'can you give me a second', he nudges Baloc, who seems a little concerned but allows Storm to do his thing.

'Jackson?'

The young man turns and smiles at him, but it's soon gone when he sees the look that Storm was giving him, as if he was drilling holes into him, 'mind if you watch your step around Mr. Holly's family'.

'What - what're you talking -'.

'Especially Melody, I'll be keeping an eye on them and I don't really need any added stress from Miss. Holly right now'.

He didn't need to say anything else when the man's eyes widened, oh I've got you there buddy, Storm hides his smirk just in time, 'also, don't think about leaving town', he quickly added before turning and joining Baloc's side, 'what was that all about?'

'Ah, nothing, just talking to the kid'.

'Seemed a little more than a talk, the young man almost looked like he shat himself'.

Storm grinned, 'good'.