Chapter 13

Rushforth examined the necklace, 'it's rusted, but I found blood on it, it belongs to Mr. Holly though so there goes the hope', he mumbles and Storm tries not to laugh, 'it's quite beautiful', he pulls the tray towards himself so that he could get a closer look, 'it doesn't look brand new though'.

'Yeah, looks like it's a child's necklace'. 

Stacey had joined Storm's side, 'so beautiful', Storm's eyes flickered over to her and he had to do a double take, 'you've done your hair up, you going on a date?' He swore he saw her blush, 'yeah... A date, at a restaurant'. 

'You look nice'.

'Thank you, hopefully the guy says that too'.

Rushforth chuckled, 'he'd be an areshole if he doesn't, because that's not how you treat a lady on the first date... Or any other date'. 

All three of them focused their attention back to the necklace, 'hopefully we'll be able to find someone else's DNA on here, but it'll take some time', Rushforth sighed as he gently pushed the tray aside, 'I'll let you know straight away if I manage to get something. Have there been any updates from your side?'

Storm nodded, though his eyes never left the necklace, 'yeah, Moore's friend mentioned Melissa Graves, Charleston's daughter, wasn't a fan'. 

'So you guys already spoken to her or?'

Storm shook his head, 'no, not yet, we're going to find her and if we can't, then we're going to have to talk to Mr. Graves', Stacey shook her head in disgust, 'that's the guy that was a bit rude huh?'

'Yeah... But we did accuse him of killing his own "friend"'.

Storm rolled his eyes, 'but Baloc and I are gonna try and find Miss. Graves first and if all else fails then we'd have to turn to Mr. Graves'.

Storm had met Baloc outside a restaurant, both stood together for a few moments just examining the place and the area. The door were considerably large, which would allow more customers through, and the windows were just as big, who knows, customers could crawl out of them as well. All in all, the place looked well looked after from the outside, now to see what was on the inside.
The moments they stepped in, they were both greeted by a young man, his hair was pulled back in a ponytail and he wore a white shirt, black pants and also a black apron, 'hello there! Table for two?' His eyes flashed in a friendly manor, 'uh... Yeah sure', Storm says when Baloc kept silent. The young man, who Storm had learned his name from his name tag, Finn, had led them to a table near the window, 'you can have this table, or unless you want to sit further in the restaurant?'

'This is fine thank you'.

Baloc chose to speak this time, and he pulled out the chair for himself and sat down. Finn pass them menus, 'let me know when you're ready to order, in the mean time, I'll just get some water for you', he added. The moment he walked off, Storm exhaled loudly, 'damn, hospitality is intense', he knew he was never going to be cut out for such a job. Baloc laughed at him, 'and yet here you are, a special agent, being called in to dead bodies being discovered and finding the killer... I think you'd do fine in this area Storm, you're not that, bad'.

'I think you mean, I'm pretty damn good at my job'.

Baloc nodded, 'that is true, you are pretty damn good at it from past experience', Storm's mind flashed back to the moment he was kneeling in front of Baloc's wife as she was chained. He remembered telling her to stay still whilst he rested his arm onto her shoulder in order to steady his aim as he'd already lost a substantial amount of blood. He remembered shooting Deacon's brother and seeing his head explode.
He was gazing off for a few moments until Baloc gentle nudged his hand with his own, he was leaning over the table, his eyes shadowed with concern, 'you alright? I lost you for a second', Baloc knew what was going on and he always tried his best to avoid talking about that time, but he slipped up.

'Yeah... Yeah I'm fine, just -'.

He stopped when Finn had returned with a bottle of water and two glasses.