Chapter 26

Storm had decided to talk to Baloc about the phone call, he hated keeping things from his partner, and of course, he got the reaction that he was expecting.

'Are you kidding me? What did she say to you? Anything useful?'

Storm scoffed, 'uh, no, she was just talking about us and how sorry she was', Baloc shook his head, 'she's not over you sounds like it', but Storm shook his head, 'she's not in her right mind at the moment, but even if she was, I'd still turn her down because -'.

'She has a husband and a child....Had a child'. 

Storm nodded, 'anyway back to the case, where else are we going? Do you think we need to call in the big boss?' He asked and Baloc seemed to hesitate, 'maybe give us a little more time, and if nothing comes up, we'll contact Margot'. 

'Sounds like a plan'. 

'Lets go over the victims'.

Baloc started to count, 'James Holly, received a blow from behind, Sarah Moore, blow from behind and Patricia Malloy, shoved from behind causing extra damage to her body, but still received the same blow from the back as well'. 

'Sounds like Malloy's death was personal, don't you think?'

They stopped suddenly when they heard the clicking of high heels, 'ah shit', Storm and Baloc said in unison before turning to look up the hall. Margot Finaly was making her way over to them, 'what's this I hear about you two sending a body and a necklace over to the second team without my knowledge and permission?'
Although she didn't look mad, but with years of working with her, they had learned that she was a very good actor.
Baloc chose to speak, 'that was my doing, we were getting desperate -', she put her hand up to him, 'I don't care about how desperate you were, you needed to report to me'.

'But who knows how long you'll take?'

Storm quickly jumped in and suddenly felt like running away like a dog with it's tail between it's legs, 'would that affect your case? As far as I'm aware, your team aren't really getting anywhere at the moment, so I don't think my busy life would affect anything'. 

Alright... She got you there you idiot.

Baloc shook his head, 'I'm sorry, but like I said, we were in need of help, but you're right we really should have spoken to you', he was calm, but a bit stressed. Finlay rolled her eyes, 'well the second team have already gone in and sorted the body anyway and the results were fuck all, and now you've got them sorting out the necklace, I'll tell you this, if your team weren't able to solve the whole shebang about this useless chain, what makes you think the second team will have any success?'

Jesus fucking Christ, this lady's going all at it, how many more burns are we going to receive today?

Storm looked down at his feet to avoid her gaze and they were all silent for a few moment before she spoke once again, 'look boys, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go all out on you just then, but things needed to be said. You're the best team that I've got out here, and although you've already dragged another team in, I'd be a real bitch if I took them back'.
Baloc and Storm stood up straight, hearing her apologize made their day for sure, and Finlay could tell and she smiled, 'alright, I'm going to pretend I didn't see anything, of this', she waved her hand around, 'but next time, get your shit together and let me know'. 

'Will do'.

Finlay nodded, 'I'll hang around for a little, see how everyone else is going, I have some free time on my hands', she turned and made her way up the hall and out of their sight.

'Well fuck me ten times over'.

Storm said as he scratched his head, trying to take in what had just happened. Baloc laughed, 'yes, exactly that'.