Chapter 40

Leo pushed the cap down a little further so that the cameras weren't able to see his face. He had to get out to grab some food, but every single time he did, a rush of anxiety would hit him. Sometimes Marcus took over to help him out, but he knew that he had to get his shit together otherwise they'd never get far, not at this rate.
He moved further down the isle, making sure that no one was watching him. Of course he was going to pay for the things that he was going to get, because if he didn't, Marcus and him would definitely be thrown out.

'Grab some noodles, some vegetables and drinks, along with some extras'.

He said to himself and to began to make his way to the counter. The young woman showed no care in greeting him which was just fine. He watched as she chewed the piece of gum. Her nails were a bright yellow and she wore a spunky looking necklace, 'do you have a rewards card?' She suddenly speaks and he shakes his head, 'that'll be twenty three please'.

No bad.

He passed the cash over, because he knew that anyone could trace it back to him.
The small television hung in the far corner and the news was the only thing that was showing.
Suddenly Leo sees his own face, and he panics, 'are you okay?' He turns to see that the young woman was actually looking at him properly, shit, shit shit! He turned and ran outside, the grocery shopping in his arms. He sped up the stairs to the apartments and kicked the door to theirs. It took Marcus a few moments to answer the door and when he did, he was shoved to the side as Leo bolted past.

'Leo? What's wrong?'

He watched as Leo threw the food onto the bed, 'we're on the news!' Marcus's eyes grew wide, 'you're on the news!? How!?'

'That's the thing! I don't fucking know!'

'You think it's Scarecrow!?'

Marcus raked his fingers through his hair, 'shit, did anyone get a proper look at you?' Leo groaned, 'the checkout girl, but I don't think she was really paying attention'.

'Let's hope so'.

Storm had crossed his fingers, as he saw the news. Although the photo was old, it was the only chance that they had.

'They're going to send any information to us the moment comes through'.

Finlay said as her fingers flew across the keyboard, 'I really hope we get some news soon, they can be anywhere', hearing that coming from Finlay almost made Storm deflate, 'god, you make it sound really bad', he muttered and she stopped typing, 'because it is bad'.

'Alright, no need to rub it in, it's the best I can do'.

Finlay sighed, 'look I'm sorry, this case has really gotten to me and I can't imagine how you feel'.

I feel like shit you bitch.