Chapter 28

Storm had told the news to Stacey and Rushforth straight away and both of them were quite shocked, 'the fuck?' Rushforth dropped his things, 'she was dating that idiot for ages?' Storm shrugged, 'it appears so, and Ms. Malloy was telling me that she didn't know why her daughter was acting so distant, probably it was because she was angry that her mother had moved on so quickly'. 

'But... Now Patricia is dead...'. 

'Her mother would be still dating Charleston, and she would have known about his daughter...'

'So... Back to Graves now, and his daughter'.

Baloc had reported to Finlay straight away and she too was rather shocked, 'you're sure about this?' But she realized that that was a dumb question, 'the idiot -', Storm corrected himself when Baloc glared at him, careful what you say, 'Ms. Malloy thought that it wasn't important to tell us'.
Finlay pinched the bridge of her nose, 'really? Well she obviously was afraid to tell that side of the story, but I have to admit, thank god you managed to obtain that information because I feel like we've moved a head now', she smiled at them, 'you see, you're my best team'. 

Charleston groaned when he saw Storm and Baloc again, 'what the fuck do you guys want? I haven't done anything else!'

'We know, but you failed to tell us about having connections with Patricia Malloy's family'.

Storm could see him freeze, got him, they watched as Graves seemed to deflate, 'I didn't think -', Storm interrupted him, 'it was important? That's funny', he cocked his head to the side a little, 'that's exactly what Ms. Malloy said'. 

'Look, we haven't been together for that long!?'

Baloc shook his head, 'you see Mr. Graves, we were told that you and Ms. Malloy have been seeing each other for awhile'. 

Graves's face grew pale, 'now hold on -', but Baloc kept on talking, 'Patricia Malloy was very distant from her mother since then, because it seemed like her mother had began a relationship with you not long after her father's death'.
Storm spoke up as well, 'so, she obviously hated your guts, I mean... You would have met her a few times right?' 
Graves's mouth was open, but he was struggling to say anything, 'so tell me', Storm kept on talking, 'your own daughter... Melissa would have eventually come face to face with Patricia am I right? How'd their relationship work out?'

'It worked out just fine'.

'Really?'

Graves's was no longer cornered, 'of course I'm sure! You can ask her yourself!' Baloc nodded, 'no worries, thank you for your time'.

'Oh fuck off'. 

Storm tried not to laugh when they turned their back on him.