Chapter 11

Stacey's eyes flicked over the reports, 'so Moore was killed on the fourteenth, five days ago, and Holly was killed on the ninth', Storm took the sheets from her, 'wow, I'm impressed', his eyes also flickered through the reports, 'so... It seems like the killer had stored Moore's body away for some time', something clicked in his mind, 'wait... If she was gone for five days... Why didn't the Moore's report her missing?'

'Dunno, maybe she was staying over at a friends or something?'

'I wish i could assume, but I'll have to pay them another visit'.

Great, now you're going to have to face Rachel again.

Storm had found Baloc back at his desk, 'I'm gonna go back to the Moore's and have a word with them, it seems like the autopsy has confirmed that Sarah Moore had been killed five days ago, so that meant that she was stored away for some time'.
Baloc cocked an eyebrow, 'now that's news to me, I'll join you... Unless?' He was hesitant but Storm smirked, 'you can come with me, it'll be fine'.

It was Rachel who had opened the door, and at first she seemed excited, but the look was soon gone when she realized that Storm wasn't here for anything else, after all, Baloc was with him as well, 'mind if we come in, I've just got something to ask you', Storm asked and at first she was hesitant before opening the door wider to let the two men inside, 'is everything okay?' She led them into the living room, 'well... We were wondering, your daughter was killed five days ago... Meaning that she had to be missing for a few days'.
Storm could see that he had somehow cornered her, 'why didn't you report it? unless she was with a friend?'

'I uh... Yes, she with a friend, but she was meant to come back and she never did'.

'Did you call her friend?'

'No, we just assumed everything was alright, she's done this before'.

One point to Stacey.

'ah, alright, we were just checking, that's all, what's her friends name by the way?'

'Lola Johnson'.

'Thank you'.

Another thing had flickered through Storm's mind... What about Jackson, did he even make the report on Mr. Holly's disappearance?

Storm had returned to the interrogation room to meet Max Farebold once again. The young man didn't seem impressed and Storm wouldn't blame him.

'Did you and Miss. Moore have a connection in any way? Were you two lovers?'

Farebold scoffed, 'yeah right, I wish... No, we weren't together, but I wanted us to be', Storm took of note from the reports, 'did it get to a point where you two fought?' He frowned, 'no, what'd you mean? We never touched each other'.

'Well DNA results show that she had some of your skin underneath her fingernails. I think you two had touched each other... Thing is, was it violent or....'.

They could have had sex and at the heat of the moment, she scratched him, most likely on his back where she raked her fingers.

Farebold snarled at them, 'alright, fine! We fought, and I grabbed her, but I didn't do anything else, she scratched my neck!', he gripped the collar of his shirt and pulled it down to reveal the small scratch marks, 'look, I didn't kill her, I loved her, yes, I grabbed her but I never hit her... I loved her'.
He held his head in his hands and started to weep and Storm wasn't so sure what to think, it couldn't be this guy, this scrawny nerd? Then again some killers were very different and who knows, this man could be a very good actor.