Chapter 16

When they arrived at the Estate Mechanic Shed, they were greeted by Jackson again and Storm could see the fear crossing the boys eyes. But Melody hadn't complained at him for some time, so the little talk had gotten through the boys head, so Storm greeted his warmly as if they never met.

'Jackson, is the boss in?'

Storm's eyes moved to the office door, 'is it okay to talk to him?' Jackson's eyes flickered over to the shut door before nodding, 'yeah, sure I'll get him', Storm motioned for Stacey to follow him over to one of the cars, 'do you have permission to check this place?'

'We call it a warrant'.

He pulled out the paper and waved it around, 'well have to check the tools, you know what to do', Storm nodded, but made sure to smile.

'What're you doing!?'

Storm spun around to see Charleston storming towards him, or more so, Stacey as she was examining the tools. It all happened so fast as Graves grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her away, but he didn't have his grip on her for long as Storm had pulled him off of her, pinning him against the wall, 'don't you fucking touch her, we have a goddamn warrant!' Storm seethed as he pressed his arm a little harder against Charleston's throat causing him to cough. Baloc had to pull him away, 'enough Storm, pull yourself together, give me the warrant', he whispered into Storm's ear.
Charleston rubbed his throat, his eyes pierced all three of them, 'what do you want?' He sounded calmer this time, but he was ready to explode.

'The injuries that Mr. Holly's sustained belong to something blunt, we're just seeing if we can rule out your tools, you should be fine'.

Baloc said as he allowed Storm to join Stacey, but he could see that he still was on guard.
Storm joined Stacey's side, 'you okay?' He whispered and she shrugged, 'I've injured worse', she pulled on her gloves and began swabbing each tool, 'you know how this works?' She asked and Storm shook his head, he'd worked cases with her before but he'd never been this interested in her line of work until now. Stacey's eyes grew bright, 'alright, I've got this tube and the liquid inside contains copper which basically binds itself to oxygen causing the blood to appear blue'.

'So when you swab something and stick it into the liquid, the liquid would turn blue if in the presence of blood'.

'Well done'.

She chuckled as she began testing, nothing so far, until they reached a wrench and they both froze, 'you think this is it?' Storm whispered and Stacey seemed hesitant, Storm's heart was beating as he watched her test the wrench, bingo.
They both got up to face Baloc, who was trying to talk to Charleston, 'Robertson', Storm said and Baloc looked over as did Graves. Stacey showed them the tube.

'The fuck does that mean?'

Graves snarled and Baloc looked him dead straight in the eyes, 'it means I'll be arresting you for the murder of James Holly, and whatever you say will be used against you in the court of law', he brought out the cuffs and Graves swore, 'what the fuck!? I never killed him!' But Storm knew that they had him.