Chapter 19

It had hit midnight when Storm had received the call of another victim's body being reported. Storm struggled to get dressed, still half asleep, he didn't even have time to wash his face. He just jumped into his car and hit the gas.

Every single time, Baloc was always there before him, he stood near the crime scene and he could see Rushforth and Stacey staring at the body, it's propped up like a scarecrow! Just like the last two victims.

'What the fuck'.

Storm said as he wrapped his arms around himself, he had forgotten to grab his jacket on the way out, Baloc nodded, 'same killer of course, the rest of the team are sweeping over the area, trying to see if there's any new traces of evidence'.

'We haven't even gotten Sarah Moore's information through either, we've been focusing on Mr. Holly's body'.

Storm put his hand up when Stacey stared at him, but she showed know anger, it was more so guilt, 'it's fine Stacey, we're all trying out best, you guys have already found Mr. Holly's injury, we'll get another team on Moore's', Baloc seemed to agree with Storm, 'it's for the best', because sometimes they needed a little helping hand. Rushforth motioned for them to come closer, 'victim is a Caucasian female, late teens, early twenties'.

'God, so young'.

Rushforth shook his head in dismay, 'there seems to be a stress fracture here around the C2 vertebra', Stacey frowned, 'sounds like it replicates Holly's fractures', Rushforth took a few moments to examine, 'we'll have to get this body back to the lab, this one seems fresh, like they were killed not that long ago, at least two to three days ago'.
Storm shook his head, 'this killer is working fast, and we can barely keep up with them', he raked his fingers through his hair, 'any more bodies and we'll have to send in another group', Baloc cocked his head to the side, 'set up just like the others, like a scarecrow'.

'Who the fuck is this guy?'

'Someone who likes Halloween? I don't know'.

The body had reached the lab before them and was now laying the table as an offering to both Stacey and Rushforth, 'so now we're back to two bodies to sort out', Rushforth sighed but Stacey shook her head, 'look, maybe we'll come around quicker than we did with Moore's body'.

'Love the enthusiasm there Stacey'. 

Baloc said as he dropped the file on the desk, 'got the DNA samples?' Stacey nodded, 'we've traced back to Patricia Malloy'.

Storm's mind began piecing things together, 'do you think she could be connected to Graves as well?' She could be, so far the Mr. Holly and Miss. Moore had been confirmed.
Baloc examined the picture of Miss. Malloy, 'we'd have to find out, and we'll do that by talking to the family'.

Ah... Shit.