Chapter 42

Stacey and Storm had been going through the paperwork for quite some time, and both had gone through several drinks, 'so... Project Scarecrow was created by this guy', Storm placed his finger on the man in the middle, 'and these guys were by his side in this project, acting as leads?' He pointed to the others.

'I managed to get another file as well'.

Stacey said as she pulled a red one out, 'this one is about the Project', she opened it up and read the first page, 'it's coding, which I have no clue how to read, but I bet it's a letter of some sort'.
Storm took the rest of the files and read through them, 'so... This is about diamonds? Of course It's about something shiny', Storm shook his head, 'if the Project was failing, will the diamonds still be there?'

'I'd say so, they won't be going anywhere else, someone would have taken them'.

But there was one question that needed to be answered, 'so why did Graves turn on the others?' Stacey shrugged, 'I have no clue'.

'I feel like Foils and Humphrey's can answer that, maybe even th'.

'I really hope we catch them soon'. 

'We're still waiting on any sightings, so we have to sit tight'.

Stacey leaned back and sighed, 'that was an overload', and Storm chuckled, 'thank you for coming here, I'm glad we got through this'.
Stacey smiled, 'my pleasure, I got so excited when I came across the information and I couldn't let it be, because I knew I'd never get any sleep'.
The TV blared on in the background, and the two of them sat there for a few moments, 'well... I think I'll head home then... I can take the file -', as she was about to get up, Storm's hand shot out and grabbed her wrist, 'please... Stay, stay a little longer', he hated how desperate he sounded, but he enjoyed her company and only hers. Stacey's eyes flicked up to the clock, 'it's getting late, are you sure?'
Storm nodded, 'we can relax a little more, or watch a movie?' He watched as her cheeks slowly grew red, 'sure, I would love to'.
They packed up the files and went through the different shows before agreeing to flick through the comedies, 'try this one, my mother always loves this one', Stacey said, 'I didn't even realize that Netflix even had this!' She pressed play and they watched quietly.

They were halfway through the movie and Storm could feel himself falling asleep, as he tried to keep his head up. His eyes were failing him as he struggled to keep them open. Suddenly, he felt a weight fall onto him and he almost jumped off the couch in fright, but when he saw who it was he settled down. Stacey had given in to sleep and had slumped against him. The movie didn't disturb her at all. But Storm couldn't move without waking her and the TV remote was on the little table nearby, but he couldn't reach it. He leaned back a little and sighed whilst staring up at the ceiling. He was trying to get around this new found feeling towards Stacey, and it bugged him, but it all started when she went on the first date, and when she came back and was clearly disappointed, he couldn't help but feel relieved.
He slowly but gently played with her hair, and looked over her features, her eyelashes were long and her cheeks were still rosy red. Her lips weren't big neither small, in fact they were perfect. If you looked closer you could see little freckles around her nose. Her long brown hair was silky smooth and beautiful to touch. 

I wonder what it'd be like to kiss her?

He waited for a few moments, trying to decide whether or not it was a good idea, fuck it, he slowly leaned down and pressed his lips against hers, and leaving them there for a few moments. He hadn't kissed anyone in years and feeling lips against his brought back memories, but he didn't care for his past relationships, he only cared about where he was now and the woman in his lap.