Chapter 10

The next morning was very difficult seeing as Storm had not slept a wink after that call, should you call Baloc? Maybe leave it for a bit, there was nothing wrong with what happened. Baloc had left a voicemail telling him to come down to the lab because Rushforth had found some DNA under Sarah Moore's fingernails, she had died at least five days ago, Wednesday the 14th.
The drive wasn't as bad, but Storm had to make sure that he wasn't going to fall asleep whilst driving or he'd be the next body on the gurney.

When he reached the lab he had joined Baloc's side, 'the DNA belongs to a young male, Max Farebold, twenty years old'.

'Could've gone to the same school or met after that?'

Stacey added as she examined the rest of the fingernails, 'Max Farebold, perfect, that's all we need for now, we're going to bring him in for questioning', Storm examined the photo of the young man, jet black hair, a piercing on the lip, looks like a usual twenty year old goth.

----------------------------------------------------

Max Farebold wasn't tough, he was scrawny and his features were pretty much the same as the picture, only he had bags under his eyes, 'why am I here? I've done nothing wrong', he mumbles, his arms crossed over his chest. He looked like a little child who was denied candy and it almost made Storm laugh because it brought back memories to when he was a little kid himself and he did just that.

'I believe you know a young woman named Sarah Moore?'

Farebold stiffened, which answered the question straight away, 'yeah... What of her?' Baloc showed photos of her but he didn't look down at them, 'where where you on the Wednesday the 14th?'

'I don't know'.

Oh god.

Farebold leaned over to see the photos, 'did something happen to her?' Baloc nodded, 'she's dead'.

Storm watched as Farebold's face grew pale, 'what?.. She's dead!' He grabbed the pictures, 'what happened? How did she die!?'
What an interesting reaction, 'we were hoping you could answer that', Baloc spoke and the young man glared him, 'I didn't fucking kill her! I loved her you arsehole!' Storm took a step towards the man, but Baloc's hand shot out, 'so, where were you on Wednesday the 14th?'

'I don't know! I can't remember!'

'Oh come on, surely you do! Were you at your parents? At a girls house, or smoking something with your pals?'

Storm tried not to snarl at Farebold, 'I don't smoke you idiot, assuming because of the way I look, I'm not high on anything, I just haven't been sleeping well', he three the photos back onto the table and returned to his previous posture, 'should I get a lawyer?' Baloc cocked an eyebrow at him, and the young man smirked, 'my parents are rich, we can afford a lawyer', he looked away for a moment.

'Arseholes'.