Chapter 34

Charleston slammed his hand against the kitchen counter, 'this is fucked up, we should have changed the fucking door straight away!' He snarled at Melissa but she folded her arms, 'hey look! I didn't know they'd even come over! I hadn't realized that they actually had the brains to connect the dots that would lead to us!' She felt a gentle hand on her shoulder and she turned to Ms. Malloy, 'it's okay honey, he's only upset'.

'Mom, you're shaking'.

But then again, they had just admitted to killing her own daughter, 'I'll be fine, did you two want anything or -'.

Charleston snarled, 'just shut up and let me think!' He shut the windows completely. He hadn't gone to Malloy's house because he knew that that would be the FBI's next point to go to, so he contacted her to meet them in an abandoned shed that sat just on the outside of town. He had built the place and it was under lock and key 24/7.

'What are you going to do now?'

Ms, Malloy asked and Charleston smiled at her, 'Melissa sweetie', he said gently and she nodded her head, 'I'll keep and eye out', she turned and left the shed, leaving Ms. Malloy alone with him, 'come here', he wasn't harsh but he was still demanding, and he could see no fear in her eyes as she came to him immediately, allowing his to trap her in arms.

'I've missed you my love'.

He whispered into her ears whilst moving his hands further down her body until he was able to lift her top up, revealing her smooth stomach. They kissed for a few moments before he threw her onto the ground and straddled her whilst finally ripping her top off. He leaned down and rested on his elbow which were now on either side of her head and he began to attack her neck.

Outside, Melissa smiled to herself as her eyes scanned the area, and at the same time she went to grab the necklace from her pocket... Only to find nothing. 

'What?'

She pulled her pockets inside out and her heart started to pound against her chest, shit, shit, shit! She lost the necklace! Not now, not when he only just got it back!

'Dad!'

She screamed at the top of her lungs and it only took him a few moments to shove the door open and scan the area, 'what! What happened!?'

'It's gone!'

She began to cry, and he hugged her, 'what's gone sweetie?' She held him tightly, 'the necklace, it's gone, I swear I had it in my -'. she was suddenly shoved back and she looked and her eyes met a furious glare, 'are you kidding me!? Are you fucking kidding me!?'

'I'm sorry!'

He took a menacing step towards her, 'they know now who we are! Who I am! All because of that fucking necklace! I should never had risked my life for that useless piece of metal, and I don't care if your mother got it for you Alicia!'
She flinched as if she was burnt and lowered her gaze. The door to the shed opened and Ms. Malloy came out, 'Charleston calm down -'. She fell to the ground when he spun around and swung at her. 

'Dad!' 

Melissa rushed past him to kneel by Ms. Malloy, 'you didn't have to do that!' She screamed at him. He stood stock still, his eyes flickering down at his hand, 'I - I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me I....'. 
He shook his head and stormed back inside, shutting the door behind him and locking the girls outside. He had tipped over the edge.