Chapter 53

I quickly looked at Steve. I had a really bad feeling about all of this. "Bucky ..." was all I could say. My voice was shaking and it felt like the beating heart was about to break my ribs. Then I looked at Sharon, who definitely knew where Bucky was.

"Sub-level five, East Wing." she replied quickly just as if she read my mind.

Immediately me, Sam and Steve started running to get there as soon as possible.

"Fuck you and your super strength abilities Rogers." I breathed out as I tried to keep up with his super speed running.

He was too fast for me and Sam so after just a few turns we couldn't see him anymore.

However, we found the shortage so we all arrived at the same time.

I sighed sadly as I saw unconscious people laying on the floor as we walked through the last office. "I don't think he's in a mood for company." I mumbled as I tried to find a heartbeat of an unconscious pregnant woman.

"You two go, quickly!" I said to Sam and Steve as I took my phone to call an ambulance. This woman needed medical assistance immediately. My fingers were shaking and my heart hurt at the thought that at least two lives were at risk.

"Help me... help..." I could hear a man from the distance, from the exact way that Steve and Sam were walking towards to.

"Who are you?! What do you want?!" Steve said aggressively.

Before I could actually call an ambulance, the woman woke up.

"Please leave immediately." I said in a hurry, helped her stand up, made sure that she was able to walk and then ran towards the room that Bucky was in before the power went off.

"To see an empire fall." was all I heard before someone knocked me out right after I walked through the door. I fell on the floor as my back of the head hit the hard surface.

.

I woke up by someone slightly poking my cheeks and shoulders as they called my name and said a few curse words every once in a while. I didn't open my eyes immediately.

"C'mon stop napping or I'm just gonna leave you here!" I figured out that it was Sam's voice, the shocking thing was that he sounded worried.

"Stop poking my face or I'll stab you." I mumbled and finally opened my eyes.

"I was gonna ask if you are okay but honestly I don't care." Sam responded, shaking his head as he offered me his hand to help me stand up. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, I could see it on his face that he was relieved when I woke up.

I was right about to talk back when a loud banging noise realised near by.

"I think we should..." I started, pointing at the way where the sound came from.

"... yeah." Sam finished my sentence as he started running.

"Why do we always have to run?! Can't there be like a fight or something where we could all just walk normally and ..." I babbled as I followed him.

"Do me a favour and shut up!" Sam yelled as we ran up the stairs.

Soon we were surrounded by a bunch of screaming people who were trying to get out of the building as soon as possible.