Chapter 11

Since you are here, you probably wonder what happened next. Let me tell you what happened...NOTHING.

Well for me at least. Nat, Steve and Sam locked me in the car while they went to get a suit for Sam or something. And talk to some guy. I didn't know. They never told me anything and even if they did I usually couldn't listen long enough to understand.

Nat said they didn't want to put me in danger now, since it will be plenty of time for that in the future. Nonsense I know.

I was sitting at the backseat with phone in my hands. I already got tired of all the games on it so I went to my contacts. At first I hesitated but then I clicked the name on the screen.

Beeeep. Beeeeep. Beeep.

"Hello dear brother." I said when he finally picked up.

"Emily. I swear to god why aren't you answering my calls?!"

He was a bit mad I guess.

"I'm answering your calls right now."

"This isn't funny. Where are you? You left without saying anything ...." there was a pause. "And why the hell are you in Washington?!"

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST TRACK MY PHONE RIGHT NOW?!" I shouted at my phone.

"You are forgetting that I'm a tech genius sister." he said and laughed a little.

"You find this amusing?! Stop stalking me!"

"No but seriously, why are you in Washington?" he asked, more seriously.

"Business stuff." I made something up.

"Emily are you in trouble...?"

"Why would you think that?" I said unnaturally squeaky.

"Oh my god you really are in trouble. Wait where you are, I'm coming." he said and was obviously already on his way.

"No no no c'mon it's fine. I'm with Nat and Steve and some Sam guy. I'm really okay!" I tried to stop him.

"Steve?" I could hear him stop walking.

"Steve Rogers." I replied to confirm what he was probably already thinking.

"What are you doing with Cap?! In Washington?! Seriously your little trip or whatever is over! Get home now!"

"I'm not a kid Tony." I sighed since he obviously forgot that I'm an adult for a few years now.

"I don't care. I can't protect you if you keep running away from me. Please. Come home."

At that moment I saw them coming back to the car.

"Sorry brother but I really have to go now. I will call you later." I said in a hurry.

"Don't you dare hang -..."

I hanged up and turned the phone off, hoping he won't be able to track it like that.

"I thought you were just going to leave me here. Forever." I said dramatically when they opened the car door.

"I wanted to but they didn't cooperate." said Sam and pretended like he was actually upset about it.

Sam turned the car on and we drove away. I was sitting in the middle at the back seat.

I turned towards the man on my left. "So... you're the bad guy?"

"Emily are you seriously trying to start a conversation with him?" said Nat who was sitting on my right and shook her head.