Chapter 5

I woke up only 15 minutes before Nat was coming to pick me up. Quickly I put on some fresh clothes, brushed my teeth and made not at all good looking ponytail.

At exactly 10 o'clock Natasha arrived in front of the apartment.

"Hey!" I said as I sat in the car.

"Morning.." she said as she drove down the street.

"I talked to your brother by the way." she said out of nowhere.

"Oh..." I waited for a bit if she wanted to say anything else but she stayed quiet.

"Is he...mad at me?" I asked and looked through the window.

"No. He's just worried."

I sighed. Of course he is.

For the whole time there was an awkward silence in the car. I was really glad when the car stopped. I was about to get out but Nat stopped me.

"Wait." she said and then looked towards two man who were talking a few meters away.

"Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." she said which made them turn towards us.

"Where is the grandpa?" I asked confused since there was only two man who were definitely not old.

"There he comes." Nat responded smiling.

"Is that-..."

"Morning Romanoff." He said smiling and sat in the car.

Wow. That's all I could say.

Well actually I could also mention this. He didn't notice me at all.

I didn't know how to approach him so I just stayed quiet. Every once in a while Nat and him spoke and laughed.

As I sat there completely still with my leg in a weird position I realised I need to move. I moved slowly so I wouldn't make a sound.

Well I obviously did since his head turned around with a speed of a racing car.

"Who are you?! When did you get in here?!" he asked fast and it looked like he was ready if I, for some reason, decided to attack him.

"Chill Cap she's been here before we picked you up. You are just old and blind." Nat said as she kept her focus on the road.

"And you didn't tell me?! What if I said anything confidential?!" he said to Nat and then turned back to me. "Did I say anything confidential??"

"I don't know ... did you say anything confidential?" I said back.

He turned to Nat.
"Romanoff did I say anything confidential?"

"She works with me. She knows more than you Rogers." Nat smiled, still focused on the road.

"Mean." he said and yet again turned back to me. "Steve Rogers." he said and offered me his hand.

I shook his hand as I said "I know."

Steve smiled. "So...I know. You working with us today?"

"No no no I'm not... My name is not I know. I meant I know who you are. I'm Emily Stark. Which is what you expected me to say...oh my god I'm embarrassing." I mumbled and blushed.

"It's okay Emily. Rogers has that kind of effect on women. He gets them all confused. I blame it on his eyes." said Nat.

"You are not helping Natasha. Not at all." I said embarrassed as I walked out of the car.

I took a deep breath and waited for them, who apparently still talked in the car. I overheard some of the conversation.

"Stark? Related to Tony?" asked Steve.

"Sister. She was only 1 year old when their parents died. She lived with Tony till she was 18 then she wanted to do something with her life. Didn't turn out as she expected. Now she joined SHIELD." Nat responded.

"Well that's a ... an interesting choice."

I decided I heard enough so I knocked on the car window. "Not that I want to interrupt your little conversation but people are starting to stare at me cause I'm just standing here." I said.

Steve chuckled. Then they both walked out of the car and I followed them inside the building.

We walked through many halls till we stopped in front of a random big door.

Natasha used her card or something to open them. Then she typed in some kind of a code.

There was a man inside when we walked in.

"Agent Romanoff. Captain. " he nodded to them as a greeting. Then he turned to me.

"Young Stark?" he asked.

"Emily." I said and offered him a hand.

"Nick Fury." the man said, ignoring my hand.

This was the second time I got embarrassed in a few hours and I really did not appreciate it.

"He's nice." I sarcastically said to Nat who just smiled and said. "Get used to it."

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"You are staying here." said Nat.

"What?! No! C'mon you can't do this!" I protested.

"We are going on a mission and we can't take you with us. Not yet." said Nat.

"It was nice to meet you Emily." said Steve and then they left.