Chapter 10

"So let's be honest here. SHIELD or whatever it actually is ...has to go down." I said after listening to everything Steve had to say.

"It's the only way." said Steve.

I looked back to see if Nat was okay and realised she was awake. "Nat! When did you wake up?" I said, relieved that she was finally awake again.

"About 10 minutes ago. Didn't want to disturb your little conversation." said Nat as she sat up.

"You okay? I mean... you know what I mean."

"Been worse. I think I will handle it." said Nat and smiled slightly.

"We're here." said Steve and stopped the car.

I looked out of the car window. "Why are we here? Actually... where are we?" I asked but Steve was already out of the car.

"Just get out of the car and follow me."

I stopped to make sure that Nat was able to walk and then we walked towards the house. Steve knocked on the door.

I looked at him as I tried to realise who could he trust enough right now to just go and knock on the door.

The door opened. I recognised the man. He was the one Steve was talking to when me and Nat came to pick him up.

"Sorry but we had nowhere else to go." Said Steve.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." continued Nat.

"Not everyone." He said and let us in.

I looked around the apartment. He showed us the bathroom and a guest bedroom so we could tidy up ourselves a little since we were all having dust stains and a few new bloody wounds.

Steve helped Nat to the bedroom since she was becoming a bit dizzy.

For a moment we just stood there awkwardly.

"I'm Sam. Sam Wilson." said the man and offered me a hand.

I shook his hand. "Emily Stark." I replied.

"Stark?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah but I promise I'm much less problematic than my brother." I smiled.

"Says a girl hiding cause a bunch of agents is trying to kill her?" he said, still raising his eyebrows but smiled slightly.

"You got the point." I chuckled and sat down on the chair.

"I was about to make breakfast. You can go wash your face in the other bathroom down the hall if you want." Sam said and pointed at it.

"Oh so you are bothered by my face? Or you just worried that your tablecloth will get dirty?" I said smiling, stood up once again and walked towards the bathroom.

"You know what? That blood on your face actually looks good on you. Brings out your eyes." he joked and walked towards the kitchen.

"Wanna see if it suits you as well?" I said back before I closed the bathroom door.

"We are not finished yet!" he yelled back at me and I just laughed.

I locked the door and walked towards the mirror. My hair was a mess and there were a few new scars shining from my face. I splashed my face with some water to get all the dirt away.

After about ten minutes I was finished and walked back. There was no one in the dining room yet so I walked into the kitchen.

"Do you by any chance have some painkillers?" I asked and rubbed my forehead.