Chapter 43

"Emily update your location." Cap's voice came out from the earpiece in my ear.

I looked around. "Well there are ... buildings and right now I'm standing in front of a stand with this amazing food that I never tried before and...OWW!!!" I put my hand on the spot where I felt a sudden pain. When I turned around I saw something in the air.
"What was that for?!" I almost shouted at Sam's little pal, Redwing.

"For being you." Sam simply replied and before I could grab the Redwing it was gone.

"I'll take this as a compliment." I said as I almost got ran over by a garbage truck.

It was close but I moved away fast enough. "Who gave you the driving licence?!" I shouted after it.

"What was that? Didn't I tell you to stay unnoticed?!" Cap sighed and his voice was a bit tensed.

"Don't talk to me like that right now. I just had a near death experience." I mumbled as I walked into the same direction as the crazy garbage truck.

"Sam? See that garbage truck?" asked Steve.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one driving it." I replied before Sam could answer.

"Tag it." Steve ignored me.

"That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver is armed." Sam informed us after a while.

I started running so I wouldn't lose the sight of the truck and spoke a bit out of breath. "Guys... I don't think they are hitting the police."

I wasn't fast enough so I didn't see what exactly happened. Before I could take a better look of what's going on, they started shooting, one of them obviously noticed me since they were coming closer.

I hid behind one of the nearest pillars and grabbed one of the knives out of my pocket. I grabbed a rock from the ground and threw it so I could see if the bad guy was still after me. As soon as the rock hit the ground I heard a gunshot which confirmed my theory.

I've been training for this for months. I couldn't be more ready.

When I started hearing the footsteps, I could tell that they were just a few meters away. I jumped from my hiding spot and threw the knife before they could shot me.

The knife landed right in the middle of his chest, causing him to fall down. He was dead immediately. As I ran past him I took the knife and wiped the blood from it with the sleeve of my shirt.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve's voice came out of an earpiece.

"Me and Emily will take care of it!" said Nat, who was suddenly next to me and gestured me to follow her.

I got two of my knives ready, each one in a different hand.

We split as soon as we reached the bad guys. While Nat was busy kicking their asses and punching souls out of their bodies I stabbed a few and somehow managed to shoot one by stealing their own gun.

I just pulled one of my favourite knives from the last fallen guy as the truck next to me exploded. The sudden force made me fall on the ground. Quickly I looked back at the direction of explosion and noticed Nat on the ground.

I got up and stumbled towards her to help her stand up.

"Sam? Do you have the location of the biological weapon?" I asked quickly.

"They were just running past your favourite food stand. There are four of them and they are splitting up." he replied.

Nat nodded to confirm that she heard Sam's information as she jumped on one of the near parked motorbikes and drove off.

I shook my head as I started running.

"I got two on the left." Nat said as I saw her jump off the motorbike and then disappeared in the crowd.

I ran until I saw Cap in the middle of the crowd of people. Then came another explosion.

"There you are you son of a bitch." said the man, rushing towards Steve. I suspected it was Rumlow.

"Move move move!" I yelled as I tried to pass all the people that were still in front of me. When the path was finally clear I threw a knife at Rumlow. It hit him in the shoulder. It bought me just enough time to throw Cap's shield that was laying on the ground, at his face, causing him to fall on the ground.

"That was the coolest thing ever!" I said quickly as I passed the shield back to Steve who finally managed to stand up.

Before I could even finish my sentence,  Rumlow was back on his feet. At that exact moment my phone started ringing, which made everyone stand still for a moment.

"Should I take this?" I asked as I quickly wiped my sweating forehead.

"You can't be serious." Steve mumbled as he kicked Rumlow hard enough to make him fly a few meters away.

"Well you seem the be handling the situation pretty well by yourself." I nodded impressed as we fast walked towards Rumlow who just took his helmet off.

Steve grabbed him by his neck. That's when I realised that his face was completely... destroyed. The skin was scared like it burned in a fire.

"I think I look pretty good, all things considered." he said as he saw my face expression.

"Who's your buyer?!" asked Steve and grabbed his collar aggressively.

"You know he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky." Rumlow mumbled, looking at Steve.

As soon as I heard the last word I froze. I looked at Steve to see his reaction. I knew that mentioning Bucky could mess Steve up and this wasn't really the best timing for that.

Steve grabbed him even more aggressively, now with both hands. "What did you say?!"

"He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they got his brain back in blender." Rumlow replied mockingly.

His last sentence hit me hard. He said it like it was something completely normal, even a bit entertaining. It made me so mad and seeing Steve just standing with wide opened eyes like he was frozen really pissed me off.

I walked towards them, pushed Steve away and grabbed him for his chin tightly and aggressively. With the other hand I grabbed my last knife and pointed it's sharp tip against his cheek. Every few seconds the tip cut deeper and soon enough the blood showed up.

"It's not like you can make it worse." he tried to let out those words and it was like he was about to start laughing.

I let out a deep angry breath as I raised my hand that was holding the knife ready to cause him the last feeling of a pain, stab his neck.

But before I could, Steve pushed me away. I felt on the ground, straight on the knife. I felt a sharp pain in my abdominal and the feeling of a warm blood leaving my body through the wound.

"Thanks for that." Rumlow mumbled to Steve and gave me a quick glance. He knew that I got stabbed, that's why there was a slight smile on his face, showing the satisfaction.

Steve however didn't know or didn't care.

"Bucky wanted you to know something. He said to me ... please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go. And you're coming with me." Was the last thing I heard before the blood loss resulted in losing consciousness.