Chapter 4

"What do you mean you work for SHIELD?" Tony seemed like he was trying to make sure he heard me wrong.

"Tony I know you are Iron Man. I know you know about SHIELD."

"Of course I know about SHIELD! My problem is that you know about it! What do you mean you work for them?!"

"I'm still in training. That's where I got all those bruises. I'm going on my first mission next week." I spoke quietly and carefully.

Tony didn't respond for a few moments. Then he just put his head in his hands.

"Tony...talk to me." I said quietly. I knew he was worried

"After 6 years I finally see you and right after that you are just telling me you are going to kill yourself?!"

"Excuse me?! What do you mean-..." I didn't know what to say.

"Yes Emily. This job ... it's not right for you. I'm- I'm not letting you do this..." he stood up and walked towards near door.

"You know where you room is. See you in the morning." Then he left.

I didn't hesitate even for a moment. I left the building as soon as he left.

It was late, past midnight. A lot of places were closed. After walking for about fifteen minutes I stopped by a small cafe. No matter the time there were a few people there drinking coffee and doing stuff on their laptops.

I walked in and sat on the chair by the window. I ordered a cup of tea. While I was waiting I took my phone.

I went through my contacts. When I found the right one I pressed the call button.

I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't answer. But she did.

"Hey... sorry I know it's late but I would really appreciate if you have some time...ok great. Thanks. I will send you the address." I hang up and sent a text message.

By that time the waiter brought me my tea. After about half an hour the door opened.

"Over here!" I said and waved.

Natasha smiled and went to sit by my table.

"Can't sleep? Cause you know I can." she joked.

"I talked to Tony." I sighed.

"Oh..." Her face expression changed to much more serious one. "What did he say?"

"That I'm going to kill myself."

"Wow that's harsh. But expected response." shrugged Nat.

"He thinks he can stop me."

"But can he?" Nat asked as she ordered herself a drink.

I made a confused face. "What do you mean...?"

"Exactly what I said. Can he stop you? Can he be the reason for you to stop?"

I thought for a few moments as Nat talked to the waiter.

"I'm not gonna stop. I know he's worried about me. But you know. I'm also worried about him. I mean ... he's The Iron Man. I know he almost died two years ago. And I want this job ... to protect people. Expecially my brother even though he thinks it's me who needs protection." I thought for a moment.

"He is living his life. He achieved so much already. And me? Nothing. I finished high school and been a waitress for two years while he was the ceo of one of the biggest companies... in the world. If I die today people won't even know I existed...I messed up so bad Nat..." I shook my head and tried not to tear up.

"Hey hey hey it's fine. Everyone goes through stuff. Your history doesn't define you. What matters is what you choose to do with your future." she said with the look of sympathy.

"Nat I shouldn't have left 6 years ago. I would never admit that to him but it was the biggest mistake I ever made." I stuttered my words.

"Well I'm sure it wasn't that bad? C'mon there must have been something good in this six years." she smiled as she tried to make me feel better.

"Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?"

"It's okay. Do you mind if I call you Mia?"

His eyes oh my god.

It was unusual seeing him laugh. But it was beautiful. His laugh, the way his eyes sparkled as he laughed ...

"I can't do this. Not to you."

"It was bad." was all I could say as I remembered him. As I remembered James.

"I will talk to him." said Nat and took the last sip of her drink. "I will talk to Tony and you go get some sleep."

"You? You will talk to him?" I asked unbelievably.

"You forgetting we fought together right here about two years ago?" said Nat as we stood up.

"Sometimes I forget how famous you are." I said and laughed a little.

"I will pick you up tomorrow at 10am. You are going to meet someone. He's old so don't forget to make jokes about it."

"Understood." I laughed as we left the cafe and went our separate ways.

Nat's POV

"Stark!" I walked through the elevator door looking for him. I stopped in front of his bedroom.

"I'm giving you a minute before I walk in and I don't care if the image of your naked ass will be engraved in my mind till the day I die." I said and looked at my watch.

"Agent Romanoff who the hell let you in and why are you waking me up?!" he was obviously extremely annoyed.

I honestly didn't care.

"You had 34 seconds left and you didn't mind to put some pants on?" I teased. "Pepper might get a bit mad if she sees us like this."

"WHY ARE YOU HERE NATASHA?" he shouted as he was looking for his shirt.

"Don't bother putting shirt on. I like the view." I kept teasing and checked him out.

"You are unbelievable." said Tony and closed the door right in front of my face.

"We need to talk about Emily." I said.

He opened the door immediately.

"What did you say?" he asked confused.

"You heard me."

"How exactly do you know Emily?" he asked as he put his arm through the shirt sleeve.

"I train her for her job. Which you already know about."

"How could you let her do this? How could you not tell me?" he said as he walked past me.

"She asked me not to tell you. You know why."

"Why didn't you stop her?!"

"Cause she's not doing anything wrong Tony!" I took a deep breath.
"She wants to do something in her life. Something right. And she's going to do it if you let her or not. I know she's your little sister but you need to let her live Tony. She's been gone for 6 years just because she felt like she needs to prove herself. Cause her brother is a real genius and she felt like nothing. "

"That's not true. She's a smart girl, she had money and could go to the best schools in the country."

"But that wouldn't be her work! You would pay for school not her."

"This is not the speaking topic for 2 am Natasha. Tell me why are you really here."

"After 6 years she's finally back in your life. Don't push her away cause if you do, she may never come back." I said and left.