Chapter 37

I looked around with wide opened eyes. "It's ... big."

Nat chuckled slightly. "Really? That's the first thing that popped into your head?"

"It's not like I'm wrong." I mumbled, still glancing around, admiring the entrance.

Nat crossed arms on her chest. "This used to be warehouse by Howard Stark ... but now ... well ... Tony spent some cash to redecorate it. Now it's a great place for training and a great place for science geeks. Also home for some of us. " she sighed and tilted her head towards me. "Ready to go in?"

I can't say that I'm known as an extremely emotional person. But when Nat mentioned my father I could feel weight fall on my chest. I didn't even remember him and Tony told me that he wasn't... exactly the perfect father.

But I still missed him. I wished I could grow up with parents by my side.

Walking into a building that was created by my dad, knowing that he used to spend time there and maybe even stood at the exact spot that I'm standing at now ... it may sound stupid and childish but it made me remember how much I would give to have at least a bit more time with them.

To at least say goodbye to the people who gave me the greatest gift. Life.

"Em? You good?" asked Nat, raising her eyebrows.

I shook my head slightly to come back to reality. "Yeah I just ... " I didn't finish my sentence and walked in.

Nat hesitated for a bit and then followed me.

"Holy cow ..." I whispered, impressed by the inside of the building.

It looked huge from the outside but standing inside of it made me feel tiny. It was huge.

"Follow me ..." smiled Nat and I followed her towards the elevator.

"So... Tony is not here right now. Just in case you were wondering." she said, giving me a quick glance, as we waited for the elevator to reach the right floor.

"Okay." I nodded, just a little bit disappointed. Not gonna lie, I really wanted to see him.

"But there is a few new people that I would like you to meet before I show you your room, is that okay?" she said as we walked out of the elevator.

I raised my eyebrows. "New people? Like... babies?" I asked confused.

Nat bursted out laughing. "Oh my god, no! Of course not! Why would you think that?!" she said and stopped in front of a big wooden door.

I scratched my head, slightly embarrassed. "I mean ... babies are people. And ... they are new?" I tried to explain but saying it, made me realise how stupid this actually was.

Nat laughed even more and after she calmed down a bit, opened the door. "Girl you're insane." she said before walking in.

I rolled my eyes and followed her.

Inside, there was a big table with chairs around it. Lights above the table were turned off since there was plenty of sunlight shining through a huge window wall. There were already a few people inside. I recognised three of them.

First one was Steve of course. He gave me a welcoming smile and a friendly nod as a greeting.

Then there was Rhodey. We never really talked much but I knew him since he was my brother's best friend. He seemed to recognize me since he stood up and gave me a quick hug. "Great to see you." He said before he sat down again.

The third person was the one I wish I didn't knew. Sam Wilson. He gave me that annoying smirk that I didn't miss at all. "Look who decided to show up."