Chapter 27

"What are you doing here?" he asked, staring right into my eyes, just like as if he was trying to make sure that it was really me.

"What am I doing here?! What are you doing here?!" I almost yelled, staring right back into his eyes.

Let me tell you. The tension between us at that particular moment was something else.

For a about ten seconds we just stared at eachother, both speechless.

"This can't be real." I said, as I let out a shaky breath and rubbed my face with both of my hands.

He moved closer to me and took my hands to move them away from my hidden face.

My heart started beating even faster when he didn't let go of my hands.

His beautiful eyes kept focusing on me which made my legs feel like a damn pudding.

"No..." I whispered as I moved a few steps back and let go of his hands. "You can't just... I ..." I turned my back towards him since I couldn't look at his face while saying this. Well actually I just didn't want him to see my teary eyes.

"You can't keep coming back into my life just so you can leave again. I can't handle it Buck, it's too much." when I was already a few meters away I turned back towards him.

"Then why did you come looking for me?" he asked with a broken voice.

"You seriously think I knew that you were here?! I'm here because I needed to go away. Away from my old life. Trying to forget some stuff." I sighed. "Trying to forget you."

"Well it's not going very well, is it?" he said pointing at his jacket that I was still wearing.

I rolled my eyes and smiled sadly. "You are a hard man to forget Buck."

"I mean, I've done it before. Forgot about myself." he shrugged.

"If the only way to forget you is to get brainwashed by Hydra I think I might have a big problem."

"Uff you've got no filter doll." he laughed even though I could see his look change for a short moment.

I closed my eyes and tried to stop smiling. Why did he have that kind of effect on me?!

Before I could open my eyes again, he was already in front of me pulling me into a tight hug. He rested his lips on my forehead as he put his arms around my waist. "You know doll, you are not really easy to forget either since not even Hydra could wipe you from my memory." he spoke quietly and slowly.

"I swear if you call me doll one more time, I can't be held responsible for my future actions." I warned him as I felt his lips turn into a smile.

"You know what?" he started as he leaned his forehead against mine. "The fact that you are here. It can't be a coincidence."

"I just did what the fortune cookie said." I replied smiling as I was looking at his eyes.

"Fortune cookie?" he asked a bit confused.

"Yes. A girl that... I was babysitting gave it to me. It said something about doing something crazy and impulsive. So that's how I decided to go to Europe with zero cash and fake identity." I explained quickly.

"You my dear doll are nuts." he replied smirking.

He totally did this on purpose.

"I warned you Mr. Barnes." I said before I put my arms around his neck and kissed him.

Before I knew it his hands were in my hair, on my back... everywhere.

"Buck... " I whispered but it didn't stop the kisses so I had no choice but to shut up.

Suddenly we got blinded by shiny lights and a few men shouting something in romanian.

We turned towards them quickly. Right after that, Bucky grabbed my hand and started running. I followed his lead.

"Why are we running?!" I asked as we were running away.

"I don't know!" he replied. We both laughed yet we still continued with running.

"Idiot..." I mumbled while laughing.

After a while we realised that there was actually no one following us so we stopped. I was extremely out of breath so I needed a few seconds to get myself  together. "Oh my goodness you are fast." I said while trying to catch my breath.

He just smirked and looked for something in his pockets. He took out some keys.

I looked around and realised we were in front of some old building's door.

"You live here?" I asked, finally breathing normally again.

He nodded and unlocked the door. We walked inside.

"Please tell me you live in the first floor." I said, looking at the stairs, about to cry (not really but yk).

"Sorry doll..." he gave me an apologising look.

"Oh my god Barnes why are you doing this to me..." I almost cried out as I realised that after the sprit we just had we were about to get some stairs exercise.

"Jump on..." he said, as he rolled his eyes and smiled at how dramatic I was.

"You mean like a piggyback?" I asked, making a baby cute face.

"Don't make me change my mind." he shook his head.

"No no no wait wait wait hold on!" I quickly took the chance before he could actually change his mind.

After an abnormal amount of stairs we finally arrived.

I jumped off him as I literally stared at him. "Are you seriously not even a little tiny bit tired?!"

"I'm great actually." he replied smiling as he unlocked the door, opened them and let me go in first.

"You are my idol. Like wow, I got tired just by looking at you." I said as I walked in.

I looked around the apartment as he closed the door.

I didn't really think about how it would look like but being there, in his apartment, seeing it on my own eyes, honestly it hurt me.

It looked sad, empty and dark. It definitely didn't look like home. It reflected the pain he was carrying inside him.

There was a mattress with a sleeping bag lying on the floor with a small lamp next to it. A table was small with two chairs. There was also a smaller sofa and behind it was a kitchen.

The kitchen however made me smile sadly. There were those little things like radio, a red thermo, used and some washed plates, a half empty bag of crisps, a perfectly folded towel by the sink and a cute freaking green spatula... he was trying to live. He wanted to get a normal life back.

This man, who's been through so much pain and torture was ready to start a new life.

I looked at him. He was already looking at me, trying to get a reaction from me.

But before I could say anything he spoke up. "I know it's not much and it's definitely not what you probably exp-..."

"Buck let me stop you right away. You have no clue how happy I am to see you starting to live again. I could never imagine the pain that you have to deal with everyday... and you had to do all of this alone and... oh god I'm just so ... I want you to be happy again and to get a life that you deserve..."

"I'm just sorry that ... I can't give you the luxury that you deserve." he said quietly.

I looked at him. "I don't care about what you have. I just need you for fucks sake." I shook my head with tears in my eyes and kissed him as I gently held his face.