Chapter 25

So how did I get to Europe you may ask?

This is definitely a story that I'll tell to my nonexistent grandchildren.

Let me start at the beginning. Since I left Clint's place I was wondering around the woods for quite a few hours. Not fun.

That's when I decided to take a break. I sat down on the grass and opened my rucksack. There weren't much stuff in it but I had to work with what I had.

First I used a hack that I saw on YouTube. Yeah I know, I'm extremely professional.

However I made a ponytail, then turned it towards my forehead and put my dear old baseball cap on.

Now it looked like I had bangs. At least I hoped so, since I didn't have a mirror so I couldn't really tell.

Surprisingly there was also a lipstick in my rucksack, which was extremely surprising since I don't usually wear make up. Which was great since now I could use it as a cover.

I put the lipstick on, hoping that it looked at least nearly decent. Lastly I put on sunglasses.

Okay fine. Let's be honest, my cover was bad. But better than nothing, am I right?

After that I started walking again and finally found the road. There were no cars driving by for AGES. Then finally I could see someone getting closer. It looked like a motorcycle.

I quickly took a notebook from my rucksack and tore out a piece of paper. Quickly I wrote something on it and then stood in the middle of the road. Just hoped that the person will not just drive by.

What can I say? Apparently it was my lucky day.

The motorcyclists stopped just a bit in front of me.

"Hello there sir! Can I ask you to help me please? My car died and I don't have a phone so could I please borrow yours?" I asked nicely and tried to make it sound real.

He hesitated but then he finally stood up and walked towards me. He reached in his pocket, unlocked the screen and gave me the phone. "There you go darling." he said with a strong english accent.

"I love english people. Always so nice." I randomly said and took the phone.

He looked at me a bit confused but didn't say anything.

I pretended to type in the number and raised phone up to my ear.

The moment he looked away I took the chance. I sprinted towards the motorcycle, literally jumped on it and started driving.

The moment I passed him, he was still in shock so he didn't even try to stop me. Quickly I threw at him a piece of paper that I wrote Tony's address on.

"Send me the bill! And sorry!" I yelled back at him. I felt sorry for him but hey? I was accused of 12 murder cases so stealing a motorcycle will be nothing in case they find me.

When I felt like I was far enough from the poor guy I stopped by the road. I took the phone out of my pocket. Luckily it wasn't locked yet so I decided to quickly remove the password.

Then I went to the map app to find my location. The nearest airport was 2 hours away so all I could do was go back to driving and hoped that I don't run out of gas.

On my way I tried to figure out what was I actually going to do once I get to the airport. I didn't have any money so buying a ticket was not an option. Also things could get complicated at the security check.

I came to the airport way too fast since I still had no idea what was I going to do.

Luckily there was a bunch of people at the airport at the time when I arrived so I kinda got lost in the crowd and remained basically unnoticed.

I sat down on the bench and looked around. Everyone was in such a rush and a girl hysterically crying after her boyfriend really didn't help me with getting concentrated. I put my head in my hands as I tried to think.

My head was empty. Completely. I sighed and looked up.

I could feel my soul leave my body as I looked up.

"Mother...hugger what the f... freak!" I shouted as I saw a little boy staring at me just a few inches away.

"Why are you crying?" he asked like we've known eachother for years.

"I'm not crying. I'm just losing my will to live." I said without thinking.

"Do you want to die?" he asked completely casually and tilted his head a bit on the right.

My eyes widened. "Wha- No! Of course not!" I said a bit in shock.

"Then why did you say that?" he asked as he tilted his head now on the left side.

"Because pal I'm having a problem that I can't solve and my coping mechanism is to make self-destructive jokes that are not even funny." I tilted my head on the same side as he did and thought for a moment. "Where are your parents?"

Little man pointed at the couple about ten meters away. It was quite obvious that they were in a middle of a fight.

I sighed. "What's that about?" I asked and nodded towards them.

"Mummy wants to go to Hawaii and daddy wants to go to Budapest. I don't know where that is but apparently they bought different tickets for both." he explained.

I laughed shortly. "And where do you wanna go?"

"Neither. I wanna go to my grandmas house in Toronto." he replied and his lips turned down or in other words his smile was gone.

"That's a shame." I mumbled. "Well at least you have a ticket. This girl..." I pointed at myself, "...has nothing."

"You have a nice rucksack." he said and pointed at it.

I smiled. "Thanks pal ... shit wait a second where did your parents go?" I asked fast and looked around.

The boy made a few turns but couldn't find them either. He looked at me and his eyes started to tear up.

"No no no... I'm begging you please don't cry." I said quickly and stood up. "Don't worry we will find them. I will help you. Let's go." I said and showed him to follow me.

He grabbed my hand without saying anything and followed my lead.

As we walked, I gave him an encouraging smile every once in a while, just to make sure that he was not going to cry. Cause I can't handle situations that include crying people.

Since we couldn't find them, I decided that we should just go to the info spot. Luckily they were extremely nice and called his parents on the microphone. I volunteered to stay with him while he was waiting for them.

"Oh dear god Tom!" his mother almost yelled through the tears and hugged her son when they finally showed up.

I didn't really know what to say so I started to walk away slowly.

"No! Wait!" Tom yelled after me before I could leave.

He gave me a tight hug. "Thank you!"

"No worries, now go before you get lost again." I smiled and messed his hair as he took something from his jacket's pocket and gave it to me.

Before I could say anything he ran away and they left.

I sighed and looked at what he gave me.

THIS BOY WAS MY SAVIOUR.

It was his ticket for the flight for Budapest. Flight 12. There was the last call for flight 12 a minute ago.

I can't really say that I'm a great runner but the sprint towards the gate was impressive. Seriously, Bolt has been pretty quiet after my super speed performance.

Long story short. Here I was, on my seat, waiting for the plane to take off.

I didn't really listen to pilots beginning speech until I heard this.

"... flight to Bucharest. The local time..."

My eyes widened as I looked at my plane ticket once again. Yes, it did indeed say Bucharest.

Well it was not what the boy said and what my eyes saw before but it was still Europe so ... HELL YEAH I DID IT!