Chapter 49

The bandages that were covering my not so old wound were soaking wet from the blood.

"Shit..." I mumbled as I looked around quickly. I couldn't see them anymore so I had no idea where to go.

I moved to the side of the road since there was no need to get hit by a car when you are already in my kind of  condition.

Carefully I piled away the bandages. All the blood made me a little nauseous. I kept telling myself that it's all just ketchup to make myself feel better but I couldn't trick my own mind.

The wound looked really bad. The man that punched me in my stomach used enough strength to break the stitches.

Most of people that were passing by just stopped for a few seconds to observe the situation but then moved away quickly.

I rolled my eyes since I really didn't want an audience at that particular moment. I picked up all the used bandages from the ground, squashed them together and put them on the bleeding wound.

As I was walking, sometimes even tried to run, I kept putting pressure on it, hoping to stop the bleeding.

With my other hand I took my phone from the jacket's pocket and typed in Sam's number. As much as I hated to do this I really had to find them.

"This ignorant asshole ..." I hissed angrily as he declined my call. I called again. And then three times more.

After he ghosted me for the 5th time he finally answered.

"STOP CALLING ME I'M IN A MIDDLE OF - ..." Sam yelled but before he could finish, the connection was gone.

So I had to call again, of course.

"IN A MIDDLE OF WHAT? WHERE ARE YOU?!" I yelled at the phone when he picked up again. I didn't really have to yell since I knew that his phone was connected to his earpiece but I couldn't say no to an opportunity to shout straight into his ear.

At that exact moment the sound of sirens got louder and I could see a motorcycle and a bunch of cars driving closer. Before my mind could process what was going on, a person in some kind of a ... cat suit? ... jumped towards the motorcycle and caused it to collapse.

Just a few meters away from my feet I saw Bucky falling down from the motorcycle and rolling down the road.

"Never mind I think I found you." I said with wide opened eyes and slowly moved phone away from my ear and tucked it into the pocket. I might have been in a little shock since everything happened really fast.

I wanted to run towards Bucky to make sure that he was alright but I got stopped by a big robot landing in front of me.

It wasn't actually a robot. It was Rhodey in his War Machine suit but since I have a mind of a five year old, I immediately assumed it was a robot, specifically a Transformer in smaller version.

Gosh maybe Cap was right about me needing therapy.

"Holy shit you scared me!" I shouted at him.

Rhodey immediately turned around. "Emily?! What are you doing here?!" he said in shock since he obviously didn't expect to see me.

"Honestly? I have no clue. But I would appreciate if - ..." I tried to walk past him before the police could get Bucky.

Rhodey stopped me as he raised his armed hand towards me, the other one at Bucky and Steve and also a little gun appeared from his shoulder part.

I really needed Tony to make me a suit cause this one looked pretty damn cool.

"Stand down now." Rhodey said.

I didn't really know what to do so I quickly raised my hands. That's what they do in the movies, right? And since there was a freaking army pointing their weapons towards us I don't think I had any other choice.

Since I raised my hands, the bandages felt down on the ground. Immediately some of the officers pointed their weapons at the bloody red pile.

"I swear it's not a bomb." I said quickly. It was weird that I was so calm since the situation wasn't pleasing. Maybe it was just the fact that I already lost so much blood and my body thought I was going to die anyway so there was no need to stress about it.

Steve put his shield away which confirmed that he didn't plan to continue the fight.

Bucky, however, got extremely worried about the state I was in. It was obvious on his face that he was scared for my life. Which was understandable since it was kind of a miracle that I was still able to stand. But at the same time I thought that he should be much more worried about his life.

Then I looked back at the unknown cat person who was just slowly taking of his helmet or mask or whatever you wanna call it. A lot of people got pretty surprised when they saw a face of the man, including Steve. Me however, had no clue who he was.

"Your highness." said Rhodey.

I shrugged a bit confused and bowed. That's what you do in front of royalty, right?

Well clearly not, since when I stood straight again, the royal cat person looked at me confused and shook his head.

A few man handcuffed Steve and Sam, who also got caught apparently.

And Bucky you may ask? Roughly they dragged him to the ground. He wasn't trying to escape so there was really no need to be that violent which made me really angry.

"Hey! That's a human being you psychopaths!" I shouted as I saw Bucky's head hit the ground and ran towards him.

I got stopped as a man pulled me back by grabbing me from behind which put a lot of pressure on the already infected and bloody wound.

I closed my eyes, moaned in pain as a few tears streamed down my face.

"Hey hey hey - ..." Rhodey tried to stop them but got pushed over by ... Bucky?

Unexpectedly he ran towards me, which caused a lot of shouting. I didn't know how he managed to escape but I knew it was a mistake.

He reached for my hand before he got pulled away once again. "H... help her!" he managed to say before they roughly lead him away.

At least that's what everyone else saw. But what they didn't know is that he didn't just squeeze my hand.

As his had left mine, he left something there. I could feel it but couldn't really tell what it was.

I couldn't look what it was until I was alone, sitting at the backseat, driving in a car.