Chapter 17

I finished my performance with a dramatic hand gesture.

"I swear I should just drop everything and start a music career, right?" I said, still caught up in a moment as I took a quick glance at James.

"I mean ... you know ... I think ... you know ..." he shuttered.

"You know what let me just stop you before you destroy my dreams." I said as I lowered the volume of the radio.

"Anyways... James Buchanan Barnes also known as Bucky." I said as I kept my focus on the road. "How do you want me to call you?"

He thought for a moment. "Bucky. If that's what people used to call me I think it would be the best."

"Marvelous. So Bucky..." I got interrupted by my phone ringing.

I checked the screen and declined the call. The same thing happened for another 3 times.

"I swear to god..." I said angrily as I opened the car window and threw the phone through it.

Bucky looked at me confused.

"Yeah I know. It's bad for environment but my soul needed it." I said as I was closing the window.

"Why did you-..."

"Let's just say I'm not in a mood for talking and I hate people so..." I said and sighed.

"You hate people?" Bucky asked even more confused.

"Don't worry. You are not included. I like you. Wait no. Not like you... like ...like you... I think you are great like ... I like you as a person... I don't hate you... freakin freak I can't even speak..." I shuttered, stopped the car and took a deep breath.

Bucky obviously didn't know what to say.

"Remember what I said about me saying stuff without thinking about it? It's times like this that you are better off if you just ignore me." I said as I took another nervous deep breath.

"So... you don't like me?" he asked. I looked at him. He was trying to be serious but I could see a little mischievous smile on his face.

"Get out of my car." I said, shaking my head embarrassed.

He looked out of the window, then at me confused but then walked out of the car anyway.

I walked out of the car as well.

"Where are we?"

"I have no idea." I said as I started walking.

We walked for about 5 minutes in a complete silence.

We stopped as we reached the edge of the hill. I sat down on the ground with my legs tangling down the cliff.

I looked at Bucky. "Are you just going to stand there?" I asked smiling.

He sat down but not as on the edge as I did.

"Scared of heights?"

"I would rather say bad experiences." he replied.

I nodded as I looked back and enjoyed the view.

It was a beautiful evening. The sky was getting dark but the city in the distance was just getting lighted up.

"Tell me something about yourself Mia." Bucky said out of nowhere.

"What do you want to know?" I asked as I looked at him.

"I don't know. Anything."

I thought for a bit.

"Well... I love food." I said since it was the first thing that popped into my head. I know, my brain is a weird place.

Bucky chuckled. "That's... an interesting fact."

"I know right?" I said as I realised how stupid I sounded. "Well... I was born in 1990... I have a brother. His name is Tony. When I was 18 I left my home cause I thought I could take care of myself and live my best life. It was a stupid decision but I will never admit it." I took a moment to think again. "And when I was one year old my parents died in a car accident. Since I was that young back then, I don't really remember them but you know... they were my parents and I wish they were with me when I was growing up... shit I better stop cause this is getting depressing." I said as I took a shaking deep breath.

"I'm sorry about your parents." Bucky said and I could feel that he was looking at me.

"It's okay..." I said as I chuckled sadly.
"I mean... it's not like you killed them so ... you don't have to be sorry..."

I smiled at him since I didn't want him to see me sad, but the smile was so fake that I quickly turned away before he could notice it.

After a moment of silence he stood up and sat down closer to me.

I looked at him surprised. "Not scared anymore?"

"Fear is just a feeling. I learned how to ignore my feelings." he said.

I raised my eyebrows. "Damn Buck that was deep."

He laughed a little.

"Tell me. Anything that you remember." I said as I lied down on the ground and looked at him.

As he was thinking, he made a duck face which I found extremely cute if may I add.

"That's completely random... but I was actually pretty good at school." he said proudly.

"Wow a smarty I see! Sadly I'm already out of school but back then I wouldn't mind having you as a tutor. Maybe then I would actually learn anything." I laughed.

"You're saying you didn't do well in school?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"My brother got all the intelligence genes ... all that was left for me was concentration problems." I looked at him again. "Damn you Buck let's not make this about me! Tell me your favourite colour immediately!"

"My favourite colour? Why?"

"Because I'm asking you?"

"I don't know. Blue?"

"That's so basic." I chuckled. "Okay sure, but what kind of blue? Deep sky blue? Turquoise? Steel blue?"

"I have no idea what are you talking about." he said shaking his head laughing. Then he looked at me. "You know what?"

"Yes dear?" I said with a weird accent.

"Your eyes. That kind of blue is my favourite." he said and smiled slightly.

My heart started beating faster.

"Give me your jacket." I said quickly.

He looked at me confused but gave me his jacket anyway. "Why do you need my jacket?"

I took it and threw it over my face. "So you don't see me blushing." I replied from under the jacket.

I could hear him laughing.

That goddamn laugh.