Chapter 14

I wasn't really sure how will I get to Washington since I had no money, no car and there was no way Tony would let me go.

For about an hour I was just laying in my bed, trying to make a perfect plan.

It was already late, probably lunchtime but since Tony didn't wake me up I thought I could stay in my room for a little longer.

I decided that the best I could do right now was to get ready. I thought of two plans, praying that the A-plan works, since plan B included a lot of walking.

After I got ready I went looking for Tony. I couldn't find him anywhere so I decided to get something to eat.

I walked in to the kitchen, lost in my thoughts, not really paying attention to anything else. I walked straight to the fridge and took out some milk. I put it on the counter and looked for a bowl. For a moment I looked up, I saw a woman sitting by the table doing something on her laptop, then I looked for choco pops.

Wait what?

"Pepper?" I asked. Well I knew it was her. I've known her for years. But honestly I was just really surprised to see her.

She looked up. "Emily! Hey! Tony told me you came yesterday." she smiled, stood up and walked towards me to give me a hug.

I hugged her back. When I was living with my brother she used to be my "babysitter" a lot of times since Tony was always a bit ... wild (which he called busy).

It was weird seeing her after 6 long years. She was like my big sister and I could talk to her about anything back then.

"I still can't believe you are not a 12 year old girl anymore." she joked as she looked at my bowl, full of choco pops. "Thought some things obviously didn't change." she smiled as she nodded towards the table. "Have a seat!"

"Choco pops are the love of my life." I laughed as I sat down.

"So any plans for today?" asked Pepper as she sat down.

I stopped eating for a moment. I looked at Pepper. "No, not really."

Pepper looked at me. "I know that look." she said and narrowed her eyebrows.

"Can I ask you something?" I tried to change the subject of the conversation.

"Yes of course." she smiled.

"You're smart, independent ..."

"Thanks...?" Pepper was obviously confused by where this conversation was going.

"Why the hell are you still working as my brother's assistant? No offense but we both know you could achieve so much more." I said and put a full spoon of choco pops into my mouth to shut me up.

On my surprise she just smiled. "You don't know he made me the CEO of the company years ago?"

I almost choked. "W-what?!" I said as I finally managed to swallow.

Then I laughed a little. "I mean why am I even surprised. It was an obvious decision but you know. I'm shocked that I didn't know."

I felt like Pepper wanted to say something but decided not to. So to avoid the awkward silence I spoke up again. "Has he asked you out yet though?"

Pepper's face turned bright red. But before she could answer, Tony walked in.

"Hello my ladies." he said and walked towards Pepper and gave her a kiss.

A kiss?! Wow a lot has happened.

"I will take that as a yes." I said and sipped milk off the spoon.