40. Blessings Of The Known

Jungkook was busy writing his second last exam. He knew Jimin was right outside the school. He did not talk to the man after that day or never tried to turn on the new phone. He was willing to return the gifts that Jimin gave him on the day of the last exam so he could go back home with all ties cut off. 

Today, Jimin was not at Jungkook's school because he had other things planned. He knocked at the door and after few seconds, a lady opened the door. "Hello maám. You might not know me but I am Jungkook's friend and you are his aunt. Am I right?" He asked the lady.

"I am Nizzie," She nodded. "What's your name?" She suspected only one surprise guest here but she had to be sure.

"Jimin." He replied. 

Niz opened the door and let the younger in. 

"Please come in..." She welcomed him into the house and made him sit in the living room. Jungkook's grandparents usually rested in their rooms as they were old and weak. They did not even detect Jimin's presence in the house. Niz asked the maid to bring water and offered it to Jimin before they started talking.

"What is it, honey? How can I help you?" The lady broke the silence when she sensed hesitation from Jimin.

"I am assuming you know about me." Jimin spoke gently and looked at the lady who sat across the couch.

"I do, but only from one perspective. I want to know the second. Explain it to me." Niz asked calmly

"My full name is Park Jimin. My father owns the Park interior and decor business in Busan," Niz nodded, she was aware of the name. The Parks were prominent.

"Go on, please." Niz encouraged the young man.

Jimin went on to tell everything to Niz without hiding anything except about his illness. He told her how he got in touch with Jungkook through false identity, about the stalking, their date, also about how Jimin introduced Jungkook to his family, and last but not the least, how Jimin wanted to take Jungkook away from here. 

Niz sighed at the end. "I understand. What do you want me to do now?" She asked with a small smile.

Jimin looked down and was perplexed at how well Niz took everything. "I want Jungkook and I know he loves me too. He is just too broken without the support and he thinks he has done wrong to his parents by letting his heart wander in the streets of his feelings. I think you are the only one he would listen to. Please make him understand. He is choosing his parents and they are wrong. Trust me when I say this, I will love him and protect him with my life." Jimin's eyes burned and he blinked them frantically to not let the tears out. 

"I know he is choosing the wrong side." Niz surprised Jimin with her words. The man looked at her in bewilderment. 

"So, you are saying that you are willing to help?" Jimin reconfirmed. 

"I am saying that my Jungkook deserves love. He is far too innocent for this cruelty." Niz had tears in her eyes and Jimin could swear he saw pain behind the tears. 

"I wish to take him away... I don't know if you are going to report this or sit on it. I am telling you anyway as you are the only older I trust from Jungkook's family and he would be at ease to know that you know." Jimin stood up and bowed to leave.

"I won't say anything. Take him away. Take him far away and keep him safe," Niz wiped her tears and smiled. "You have my blessings."

Jimin smiled and held Niz's hands gently in respect. "Thank you,"

"I am your Aunt as well." Niz chuckled and Jimin's heart warmed now. He caught that last sliver of hope that was seemingly getting farther away from him. 

"Thank you, Aunty. I will be going then."

"Don't you want to stay for lunch?" Niz asked with her mischievous smile, making Jimin perplexed.

**

Jungkook was done with his exam and was on his way back home. He got off the bus and saw the cars again. At this point, he did not mind the cars. Oddly enough, he did not see Jimin which worried him but he realized the sooner he cut all ties with Jimin the better. 

Uncle Muk was driving him back home and suddenly he made a sharp turn towards his aunt's house. Jungkook looked around and then at the uncle. "Where are you going?"

"Madam called me and told me to drop you at your aunt's place today." Uncle Muk replied.

Jungkook was happy but also surprised. Shay never let him go anywhere or stay with Niz alone but today she herself allowed it. He thought there must be a reason. Momo went back home with the driver, leaving the boy alone. Nevertheless, he got off and happily rang the bell. 

Jungkook noticed a car parked outside the house but this was a new car he had not seen before. Niz beamed as she opened the door and Jungkook showed her his best smile. "How is my baby?" She asked. 

"I am well, Aunty. How are you?" Jungkook asked and they started walking inside. 

"I am good as usual. Are you hungry? Did you eat?" 

"I am a little hungry. I did not eat at school." Jungkook replied and then his eyes fell on Jimin sitting in the living room. His legs stopped moving as he halted and Niz smiled. She took Jungkook's bag and walked into her room, giving a little privacy to the younger. 

"Jungkook... Baby," Jimin stood up and his eyes threatened to cry looking at Jungkook this close after days. 

The boy's chin started to quiver and Jimin took long steps towards him to hold him. Jungkook let Jimin wrap his arms around his body but he did not hug the man back. He started crying incessantly and Jimin rubbed his back. "It's all good, honey. It's good. You are fine. You are here, I am here with you."

Jungkook did not speak and only pulled away after a minute. Jimin's face turned disheartened. Niz came out of her room and held Jungkook's hand to walk him inside. She made him sit on the couch and gave him water. The boy kept crying and so did Niz. Both the adults were hurt looking at their baby hurt. 

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook at last asked slowly and kept his stare at the ground. 

"I came here to ask your Aunt's blessings but I did not know I could meet you." Jimin crouched down in front of the sofa and wiped Jungkook's tears. 

"I can't be here. Mom will kill me." Jungkook began sobbing hard again and Niz hugged him. Looking at his vulnerable self, it was not easier for the two to stay calm themselves. They tried their best but they could not make Jungkook feel better.

**

A/N:

Should Jungkook go with Jimin and forget his family?

OR

Should he try to reconcile with family and forget Jimin?