33. Whom To Trust?

Jungkook laid on his bed wide awake. He could not help but think what was wrong with Jimin. It was difficult to believe the letter because he knew how the person had written the false things in the last 8 page letter. How could he trust a stranger who was trying to bring harm to Jungkook and not trust the one he fell in love with?

He also tried to think of anything that would give him a hint concerning Jimin's disorder. He knew Jimin was peculiar in some things like he did not like rain or he did not eat ice cream. He also did not wear a sweater in the cold when they had their first date together. But these things could not be related to someone's mental health.

The only thing alarming to Jungkook was how the letter mentioned Jimin's affair and that the older spent nights with someone named Kitty. He remembered complaining to Jimin about his unavailability at night or sometimes days and the older promised that it would not happen in the future. 

The boy was so innocent and he has been living under a rock all his life. He did not know what love was until he fell for Jimin. He had no clue about greed, promiscuity, or betrayals. He has been living a very simple life which was restricted to his house, school, tuition, and playground. 

All the events caused tumult to arise inside and he could not do anything. He had no idea how to deal with these emotions altogether, except crying. That's what he did. Silently cried until he exhausted himself and dozed off. 

He woke up the next morning and saw that Momo was already gone to school. He also realized that his sister and he would never go to school together now. Rubbing his eyes, he walked into the kitchen and spotted his mother talking to someone. 

"Mom?" He called her and the lady defiantly jumped. 

"Honey... I did not see you come in. I got scared." She chuckled nervously. 

Jungkook could not even think that she might be talking to Jin. When Jin did not say anything about the movie encounter to Shay or even did not confront Jungkook, he assumed that Jin would not be a threat. Moreover, he still was completely unaware of how many ties were connecting his family and Taehyung aside from Jin. 

**

Jimin was sitting in his father's office and in front of him sat Do Jihan. "Why are you helping me?" He asked and twisted the crystal ball on the hard table surface. The ball started making noise as it spun and the older male looked at it before averting his gaze to Jimin.

"Everyone is at Taehyung's side. I have known you two for years and I know you would not have betrayed your best friend if you did not have real feelings for this boy." Do Jihan replied. 

"It was you who called Jungkook, wasn't it?" Jimin asked but to his surprise, the older agreed. 

"It was me." 

Jimin gritted his teeth and then flashed a small smile to the older, hiding his discomfort. "Why the sudden change of heart? You were telling Jungkook how was I such a good liar."

"As I said, Jimin. I think you really are in love and I appreciate this feeling." Do Jihan stated, closely observing Jimin's face twitching.

 "What makes you think I will trust you?" 

"It is up to you indeed to believe me or not. I always believe in equality. I just feel that the battle you are fighting is not the same as the one Taehyung is fighting. I want you to level up.  I am extending a hand of friendship." Do Jihan offered his hand and Jimin only looked at it, not daring to trust the man. 

By now, Jimin had talked to Yoongi, Namjoon, and Do Jihan. So far, he has not trusted any of them. He knew that Choi Minho and Park Hyunsik would definitely be team Taehyung and that left Park Seojon and Hoseok. But then, Jimin thought that he could not trust anyone because it was Jungkook who was at risk. If it was only him, he would have accepted the offered hand.