14. Scapegoat

Taehyung's maids served the young men snacks and beer as per their taste. Everyone seemed to be laughing and talking but to Jimin, it all felt like a façade, a mask to hide their true selves. He was getting paranoid by the minute and his left foot kept tapping on the ground. Taehyung smirked looking at Jimin like this. Jimin was at a disadvantage because Taehyung knew everything about him. His ugly side and his twisted mind.

It seemed like the meeting was called on purpose and Taehyung was openly threatening Jimin and declaring one-sided war. Yoongi being the most sensible person decided to start the real conversation. "Jimin, let's talk. We are all here to discuss your issue in regards to Jungkook."

"There is no issue, Yoongi. I have done nothing but help Tae. He is now believing what he wants to." Jimin replied with a blank face.

"Why did he suddenly stop talking to Taehyung and specially the same morning when Tae was going to confess?" Hoseok raised his brow as he asked. It was as if everyone there were puppets of Taehyung who worked for their boss.

"How would I know that, Hoseok? You should ask Jungkook himself." Jimin scoffed in the reply.

"That we will Jimin. That we will." Minho chimed in. Jimin's assumption was right. They all had lost their trust in Jimin. He felt like a suspect being interrogated and ahead lied the third degree.

Namjoon on the other hand was the only one who was silent and observed everything. He was considered the smartest in the group and perhaps that is why he went to talk to Jimin earlier.

When everyone considered Namjoon the smartest, the man in the subject himself crowned Jimin entitled of the title. He knew Jimin was an underrated genius who never came in limelight for this. Younger had put shells around himself well enough. Do Jihan being the oldest and senior, also did not talk much and observed.

Finally, Taehyung spoke. "I don't want Jungkook to come between us Jimin. You are my best friend and I need to have you by my side, we are not only friends but family. And Jungkook is someone who I will achieve, so even if you are trying anything, I suggest you stop and pledge loyalty now." Taehyung let out in a calm, low and rasp and Jimin scoffed rolling his eyes.

"Family. You don't trust me and you call us that. This is the best day of my life." Jimin snickered sarcastically.

"Then give us reason to trust you. You have been acting strange lately. You don't come to meet us when we call you." Park HyunSik stated as if he was lost without Jimin and Minho agreed.

"Come on. You two? I never thought you would side with him." Jimin was disappointed in the two. Not only were they classmates but Jimin's neighbors, which only made Jimin feel the betrayal. But could he really blame them? Taehyung squandered money on these people for years like water. When it came to loyalty, no one liked anything more than money, but Park Jimin was not to concede to anyone either.

Jimin pulled up a smirk and took everyone aback as he started laughing nefariously and stood from his single leather couch.

He fished out his phone and opened the gallery to a picture of a boy. He put his phone very calmly on the center table making all eyes too keen on it. "He is your culprit. Jungkook's senior whom he had a crush on in middle school. Now the crush has decided to reciprocate the feelings to Jeon Jungkook."

Everyone took in the boy's features. "His name is Hei-Ran." Jimin uttered softly and Taehyung suddenly stood up with fury engulfing each nerve on his body.

It was Hei Ran because of whom Taehyung doubted his bestfriend and now he felt like Hei-Ran needed punishment. "How would you like if we were to pay a little visit to this Hei-Ran?" Taehyung smirked and walked towards Jimin who nodded slowly.

Taehyung held Jimin in a warm embrace and held his chin with one hand after pulling away. "Sorry." He whispered in Jimin's ear.

"We have time for the apologies later. Let's get this bread first." Jimin smirked and indicated that they go and see this Hei-Rang with their own eyes.

Jimin successfully set out the trap to kill two birds with one stone and could not wait to unveil everything in front of his eyes. His smile flipped into a deathly glare when everyone let themselves out and Jimin followed behind.

On the other hand, Jungkook oblivious to everything was studying peacefully at home. There was a flicker of desire to get in touch with Jimin but he was happy that he was now safe from all threats.

"Oppa, how is your preparation going?" Momo strolled casually towards Jungkook with a chocolate bar she was eating.

"It's going to be okay now," Jungkook replied and then smiled. "Why don't you study?" He asked his sister.

"I am not a senior Oppa. You need to study hard." Momo teased.

"What will you do once you are done with school? Did you finally decide?" Momo sat on the couch and Jungkook knew it was going to be a long talk.

"I just want to leave Busan. Earlier I had my doubts but I am cent percent sure that I don't want to live here anymore." Jungkook said with hope.

"Do you think mother will let you go to live on your own?" Momo asked and Jungkook sighed. He knew it was next to impossible for him to even dream about independence. According to his mother, Jungkook was supposed to stay with his parents until he got married to a nice girl of their choice.

"I will try my best. And Dad is there, so I still have hopes." Jungkook showed Momo his crossed fingers.

"Is it something to do with those phone calls?" Momo asked in a slow voice. She did not want her brother to leave because he was the only one who played with her as their mother did not allow many people to be their friends. Jungkook also helped her in her studies and if he left, she would definitely miss him.

"I guess it is. I just don't want these people to interrupt my days in the future so it would be safer if I leave all the distasteful memories behind me." Jungkook replied. He never really talked in detail about Jimin and Taehyung with Momo. Jerry knew more about it than his own family but Jungkook was not really open to his family. Either way, there was no use in telling anything to Momo as Jungkook thought.

Hours passed by and it was not until late night, Jungkook's phone rang. He panicked and immediately put the phone on silent mode and noticed the caller ID. "Jimin." A smile found its way on Jungkook's lips.

" A smile found its way on Jungkook's lips