8. The Truth

Cntd...

Jimin was not allowed to talk to Jungkook without me being present with him and he understood. After all, it was me who liked Jungkook.

I had a plan.

Step 1. Impress Jungkook with my smooth talks. Technically Jimin's flirting skills.
Step 2. Meet him and make him fall for my looks.
Step 3. Propose to him.
Step 4. Tell him the truth about Jimin being the one who talked to him and explain why, after he says yes.

But I made a little mistake by calling him myself. He is smart. He got me. I don't know why and how I did that, but I could not control myself.

I never repeated the mistake again though. I guess Jungkook would not even remember it now.

I planned to propose to him this morning. I arranged everything. I took out my most expensive car. I booked a restaurant for the entire day. I even bought a cell phone for Jungkook, as the first gift from my side.

I went to his bus stop and waited for him but he never came. His sister was there along with other neighbor kids but he wasn't.

It made me mad. I called him and he did not pick it. I knew I should not call him, because he must have been at home if he was not going to school, and his parents are very strict. But I didn't care if he got caught.

I kept calling him and kept roaming on the road in front of his house for hours.

I called Jimin but he did not pick my call either. I need to talk to someone. Otherwise, I don't know what would I do.

Jimin's POV

I was sleeping peacefully two months ago when Taehyung thundered as a storm at my door.

He told me he found someone, which was highly unlikely. Taehyung was never the one to like anyone but I was happy if he finally did.

I thought he would leave his old ways of one-night stands or losing control by getting half-ass drunk. I thought someone would be there to tame him now. I did not expect that someone to be who he was. Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung brought me to his bus stop after few days and I saw the boy with my eyes. Taehyung wasn't wrong. He was someone who could not be described in words.

Only poets could do justice to how he looked by their words. My heart felt giddy after taking one look at him. The clueless eyes, he knew nothing, his infectious smile when he looked at his friend, his perfect body, it was hard to not lose control. The innocence which exuded from him, specially his eyes made me fall for him.

Had I seen him before Taehyung, I would claim him as mine. But that was not the case and I could not betray my best friend.

"Taehyung, very good job indeed! He is an angel. I hope you keep him happy." I told Tae after the school bus left, carrying the one my eyes were set upon.

"I know man. I want him at any cost. Please help me, dude. I am going crazy." He told me.

"I can see that. That boy did what no one could. Wake you up this early." I jested and we laughed but I felt a pang in my chest.

It felt like losing something before it was even mine. But I had to delve these feelings far away and be strong for my friend.

Why were we best friends? He always had my back. My father met with accident years ago. It was he and his family who supported us wholly. We were not rich since always like Kims but we are now, though not as much as Kims but still.

Taehyung never left any of his friend's side which was his best quality. He had abundant money and he wasn't afraid to squander it on friends. Many were with him for the same reason but I saw the kind side of him. I wanted to bring out the best in him.

I first talked toJungkook after Taehyung convinced me during Chuseok. He asked me to scare Jungkook a little. I was hesitant. It hurt me to stress a baby boy like him, but I had to bear it, for my best friend.

I always told Taehyung I did not like his ways but he never once listened to me.

I hated when Jungkook had to talk to me without even wanting to. It hurt me when he panicked because of me. It hurt me when got scared because of me. My heart went out for the boy. He deserved nothing but an abundance of love and care.

He deserved to be pampered like a baby he was.

I kept talking to him for weeks and I realized I was falling for him more and more. The situation was killing me.

Taehyung had also stopped his one-night stands and his daily club fights after getting drunk. I was happy for him. Jungkook was able to bring that change in him, until one day.

Taehyung told me he was going clubbing, which was a code word for drugs, girls, and booze in his farmhouse. I presented my discomfort on it, as we talked over the phone.

Well, stay away from the phone until I say so." I curtly told him.

"DO YOU HEAR ME?" I yelled.

"Yeah yeah. I do. Anyway, I am going clubbing now. Do you want to join?" He asked.

"What? I thought you have had enough of that. I am trying to save you and you are just being very insensitive to the entire situation." I was ridiculed by him.

"Come on man! I can never leave this." He chuckled.

"You disgust me." I also chuckled.

"Don't be like this. And guess what? I am planning to propose to Jungkook." He said and then my earth was lost. I could not speak for few minutes.

"Are you an idiot? It is too soon for that. You have not even sorted things about yourself. You need to figure out certain things about yourself before you get into it. I already told you he is..."

"Yeah yeah.." He cut me off.

He is an angel who deserves loyalty and love. Not adultery and a morbid infatuation - is what I wanted to say.

I thought Taehyung was changed, Jungkook changed him but no. He was not willing to let go of his old ways. Now, I decided to tell everything to Jungkook.

Sure, Taehyung would be angry at me but I was confident that we would make up soon. After all, it is the friendship of 20 years. We are together since birth.

I collected all my courage and with a very heavy heart, I called Jungkook. The very first time by my own phone. Jungkook was confused is to say the least.

He asked me who was I amongst the two boys from when we went to see him. I told him I was the one in yellow shirt. Jungkook seemed to relax on that. "Why do you ask?" I asked him.

"Just like that." He answered.

Now, I am trying to call him again and he is not picking up.

Taehyung is also calling me but I can't talk to him right now. I need to sort things out with Jungkook first and then convince Taehyung to not harm the boy or blackmail him anymore.

I am ready to betray my best friend to save an innocent soul.