18. The Offer

Jungkook was in his room, unwary of many things. He waited for Jimin's call and as usual, he knew that Jimin would call late at night.

He wished he would not have to wait for so long to talk to Jimin for few minutes. He wasn't sleeping well for days and it has started to affect his health. His phone chimed and he looked at the texts.

It was Taehyung.

Jungkook read the texts and his mouth went dry and his heartbeat aggravated to the point that his body started shaking lightly

What's happening and why is it happening to me? I trust Jimin. Yes. I trust him. I can't trust Taehyung.

His trance was snapped into reality when he heard his phone vibrate with a phone call from Jimin and his lips instantly stretched into a smile.

"Hello." He immediately picked and answered.

"Hey, Jungkook. How was your day today?" Jimin asked in an endearing tone.

"You know Taehyung followed me. Why is he following me again?" Jungkook complained and he noticed Jimin's aura changed.

"Did he say something to you?" Jimin asked dryly.

"What? No. I mean he texted me saying he knows I talk to you." Jungkook told him. He did not tell Jimin about the other weird texts that Taehyung sent to threaten him or more like to warn him about Jimin.

"Did you reply him?" Jimin curiously asked.

"I did not. But why is he doing this if he is your bestfriend? Did not you tell him about us? Can't he let it go if I like you?" Jungkook asked innocently.

Jimin's voice and tone switched back to an endearing one. "My Jungkook. Shhh, it's going to be okay. But you have to do as I say. Will you do that for me, baby?" Jimin asked so sweetly that Jungkook's heart started to flutter.

"I will."  Younger replied.

"I want to meet you. Will you come to see me?" Jimin asked in a soft and gentle tone.

"How- Where? I told you my mother doesn't let me go anywhere but school. I don't even have tuition for few days and Uncle Muk is always there until the school bus arrives at Bus Stop." Jungkook said helplessly.

"How about you go to school with me? I just need to see you. I don't need much of your time." Jimin asked.

"I will try Jimin, my sister is also on the same bus so I cannot promise anything." Jungkook was already scared thinking about it. He has never done anything like this before.

"I don't want trouble for you at home Baby Boy. You meet me when your sister is not going to school. Just get on the bus like you usually do and get off it after some time. Tell your friends that you forgot something back home and will come back after you get it. I will come to pick you up. Yes?" Jimin suggested and Jungkook thought that it was not a bad idea.

What Jungkook did not know was that his mother had already asked someone to follow him.

"Okay." Jungkook was already excited to meet the older for the first time.

"Do one more thing. Block Taehyung's number so that he would not bother you anymore." Jimin said as he looked at the fish aquarium in his room.

"I will do it."

"Sleep now. I will talk to you tomorrow." Jimin hushed the boy lovingly and Jungkook stopped Jimin from going.

"Jimin... Can we talk a little more? I miss you." The boy confessed.

Jimin's heart did a flip on those words. He liked Jungkook. He has liked him ever since he laid eyes on him and he almost let Taehyung get Jungkook because he knew that the boy was too precious and did not deserve to be with someone like himself until he could not.

He started to care about Jungkook a lot lately. He wanted to rid the boy of his insecurities. Jimin had known about Jungkook's strict parents and he took it upon himself to take the boy away from them and give him the free life he deserved.

Jimin was able to successfully make Jungkook at ease at last. The boy slept over the call and Jimin chuckled at him. "Such an innocent boy. Adorable." He said over the phone but Jungkook was long lost in slumber. Jimin disconnected the call and the night ended well.

**

The next morning, Jungkook woke up to his mother calling him. "Jungkook-ah, come on out. We have something urgent to discuss." Mrs. Jeon spoke and Jungkook walked out with his tousled hair and puffy eyes while he rubbed them.

He saw everyone already sitting in the living room. Momo looked like a puffy dumpling. Jungkook laughed at her and she laughed at him.

"Kids, we have to urgently visit your Grand mother's house. I cannot leave you two alone with me so you guys have to come with us." Mrs. Jeon announced and Momo's eyes widened.

"Going to Grandma and no school. I am in." She beamed but Jungkook's mind came up with an idea.

"Actually Mom, I can't skip school. I only have the last few weeks left and I don't want to compromise with my finals. Can I go and live with Aunt Niz?" Jungkook requested.

Niz was Shay's little sister. She had not been married and lived a happy single life alone. She was very close to Jungkook and cared about him like her own child since she did not have any. Shay thought about it for a moment and then spoke. "Let me ask her if that's okay."

Jungkook nodded and Mrs. Jeon called Niz.

"Hello, Shay Unnie." She answered.

"Niz, I was wondering if I could leave Jungkook with you for few days. I have to meet my mother-in-law for some work and I cannot leave Jungkook alone at home." Shay requested.

"Don't worry Unnie. You don't have to ask. It's his house too. He can come and live with me any time he wants." Niz told her excitedly.

"But no partying at home. Don't let him go anywhere except school. I will call every day to check up." Shay warned and Jungkook groaned inwardly.

At times like this, he would think to burst up, to yell at his mother and tell her that he is not a kid anymore. But he was not really a legal adult either. It was a tricky age for him. He just hoped to leave the house as soon as possible after high school and never come back. He did not know that his wish would be fulfilled soon.

"Don't worry. I will take care of him." Niz replied and already got excited about staying with Jungkook.

Every time kids went to stay with her, they had a lot of fun and Niz could not wait for it. "When is he coming?" She asked.

"He will come there tomorrow after school. We are leaving tomorrow. Momo is going with us." Shay explained. Niz already planned what she wanted to cook for Jungkook. Maybe his favorite food.

"Okay, Unnie. Don't worry. I will take good care of him."