16. Whispers at Night

The phone calls between Jimin and Jungkook kept on going for a week. Jungkook was happy that Jimin was talking to him. Jimin never repeated the words where would say he likes Jungkook. Nonetheless, Jungkook was shy and it was his first time falling for someone or talking to someone secretly, so he did not know if he should say it or not. He did not want to come off as naive and desperate. One thing was sure, he definitely wanted Jimin.

Things were looking pretty radiant from this end of the table to Jungkook. He had an extremely good-looking man who he thought cared about him and he looked forward to the progress in the relationship. He wanted to put a label on it. He also would move to Seoul in few months and then he would be able to freely talk to Jimin or even meet him whenever he wanted.

The younger boy would stay awake till late at night or sometimes he would wake up by the vibration of his phone from Jimin's call and they would talk.

Tonight, Jungkook slept after waiting for hours for Jimin, but he did not get the call. When he woke up in the morning, he realized that Jimin never called him at any time during the night.

"Jimin must have slept or must have been busy. But he did not text me either. Should I text him?"

Jungkook hesitantly texted Jimin as he could not stop the bustle inside his mind and heart, but he did not expect Jimin to respond right away. It was still early and so far what Jungkook got to know about Jimin was that the boy was a senior, did not go to college every day, hence he slept till late in the morning, and would be joining his father's company from next year.

Jimin was laying in bed with his eyes darted at the ceiling. He was not wearing a shirt and his lower body was covered under the red duvet. He kept shaking his right foot and covering his ears with both hands as if he was blocking some voices when his phone chimed.

 He kept shaking his right foot and covering his ears with both hands as if he was blocking some voices when his phone chimed

He smirked at the screen and put the phone aside. "My Jungkook misses me. That's great. I want my Jungkook to miss me some more." He chuckled and licked his lips when his housemaid knocked on his door.

"Come in." Jimin replied.

The maid dragged a small moving breakfast table along with a white bottle of tablets, as usual. She set the table near the bed and left after bowing. Jimin groaned and sat up.

He put on house sliders and walked over to the fish. "Aren't you hungry? I feed you well. You are gaining weight." He chuckled and dropped one tablet from the white bottle into the aquarium along with food.

The fish happily munched on it and Jimin walked back to the bed. Without paying much attention to the text, he had his breakfast and got ready to start the day. First on the list was to meet Taehyung.

Jimin was able to move the suspicion from himself to Hei-Ran, but he knew Taehyung too well and vice versa. If he had to play along for a longer time, he knew he would have to do more than just accusing someone else. For time being, he had slacked Taehyung off the track, but soon, he would have to come up with a permanent plan.