88. First To Second One

Jimin managed to not let their little fight turn into a gigantic mess. The week passed quickly and he felt a bit giddy, thinking they had their first fight after the wedding. Jungkook was in his university and he was at work. 

He missed Jungkook and thought to surprise him by going to the university and calling him out for the lunch, but he had no time to spare today, and he also didn't want Jungkook to feel overwhelmed by it as he was already struggling at making friends due to the fact that he was married.

Forgetting everything, he was signing a few documents brought by his PA when his phone rang. Jimin would have ignored it, but he decided to check in case Jungkook was calling and when he spotted Mr. Lee's name, he answered it instantly. "Hello, Mr. Lee."  

"Jimin, my boy... How are you?"

Jimin chuckled. "Very well, how are you doing?"

"I am fine, Jimin... Just wanted to know a few things. I hope I didn't interrupt you in the middle of something."

"I am sure you wouldn't have called if it wasn't important. Please tell me... What is it?"

"You never told me what kind of relationships you had before you found Jungkook. Was he your first love?"

Jimin's mind tinkered with numerous questions. Why was Mr. Lee suddenly asking him that? "I have had a few relationships, but nothing serious. I love Jungkook more than anything. You know that."

"I know and that is why I am with you."

"What is it, Mr. Lee? Why are you asking me this all of the sudden?" Jimin's eyes darkened with anger and fear.

"Your friend found his way on my doorstep and he had certain information about your, well lady friends," Jimin had assumed it was the same. "He is tracing your steps and he already knows your address."

"He won't come here," Jimin replied blatantly.

"How are you so sure?"

"I know him since childhood, Mr. Lee. He never does the work. He will ask other people to do it for him."

"What if you are wrong?"

"Then I will be ready if you are with me." Jimin appealed. 

"I am always on the side of love, son." 

Jimin smiled. "May I ask you a question if you don't mind, Mr. Lee?" 

"Anything for you, my dear boy. I love youth and I would have loved to spend more time with you and Jungkook, but your condition wasn't favorable at the time you stayed in Jiangyin."

"Why do you believe in love? For a man of your position, they all run after money or power. I haven't seen anyone who has so dedicatedly helped someone. I never meant to disrespect you by asking this so I held back, but I need to know."

"You don't know the pain of unrequited love and I couldn't be happier that you will remain clueless at this front. I had someone I loved like you love Jungkook. Might I say... She is related to your Jungkook."

**

Jimin called the driver again as he felt anxiety rising slowly in his head when they didn't return from the university yet. He dialed the number of his driver when the door opened and Jungkook ran to him to hug him. 

"What took you so long?" Jimin asked, filling the boy in his arms protectively.

"I went shopping."