Chapter 40: "It's Time You Knew The Truth."

Start from the beginning

"Idiots. She's alright." She reassured me. I sighed, the weight on my shoulders seeming to cave in. I covered my face and looked away. "Baby, stop don't get upset."

"I can't. This is too much." I said quietly while doing my best to hold back my tears. "What if they killed my little sister?"

"They didn't." She said firmly. She gasped. "Kalani...Kalani?!" She said to herself. I looked at her.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh....oh my fucking..." She began before her eyes began to water. "I'm such a fucking idiot!"

"Baby what's going on?" I asked. Her burst out drew attention to us and everyone was beginning to come over.

"I didn't even realize...I think I know who did this." She replied.

"W---how?" I asked, puzzled.

"When we met, remember I talked to you about family baby sitting a little girl named Kalani? For who they called a 'family friend'?" She squinted.

"Victoria, are you positive?" Dad said firmly, visibly angry. Victoria nodded slightly.

"Every time I came over and they said they were watching her she was asleep and in a room where it was quiet enough for her. I never got to see her. And it would make sense with--" she paused and looked and Dad and I "Yeah."

"Wait so...you're...?" Dad started. Victoria looked to me. I nodded.

"I'm Alonzo's daughter, Mr. Davis." She admitted. Dad was straight faced. He walked over to me and pulled me to the side.

"Trenton what the actual fuck are you doing?" He flatly said.

"Dad I didn't find out until after we got...talking." I replied. "She's not like them."

"Yeah, they're very good actors if you haven't seen enough."

"Dad, I'm serious she isn't."

"And what if she is, Trent? Then what?" He ran his fingers through his hair.

"And if she isn't, she can be used as intel from an inside source. C'mon Dad. I learned from the best." I nodded. He sighed and nudged me back to the group. "Baby, listen to me." I grabbed her hand. "Get inside information and get your eyes on her. We'll come up with a plan to get her in case whatever happens. Do not be obvious. You understand?"

"Yes." She said softly, intently listening to what I was saying. I hugged her then shortly after, let her go.

~2:19p~

We all slept over at Aunt Kiara's for the night and Victoria had just left. None of us could sleep at the thought of not knowing where Kalani was or how she was doing. Even more so, we couldn't shake the thought of Victoria saying they'd had her before. They had to have had a way to gain access to her repeatedly in the middle of the night with no one noticing until now. What creep would do something like this?

"Want a shot?" Dad offered. Donna was outside on the phone, Kyle and Diamond were in the living room and Aunt Kiara sat at the bar. Ms. Angelique sat in the reclining chair with earbuds in. I shrugged.