Chapter 1

Anyone who saw this would think, "what happened to that skeleton?"

Well, let me tell you.

Fate happened.

Fate, a talented deity and more powerful than her siblings, created the multiverse intent on bringing beauty and life to a large, empty, desolate space. She saw that the single universe she made had nearly spent its capacity of endings, so she created a being out of her magic. This being, a skeleton she named Ink, was gifted with the ability to create alternate universes, and Fate gave him a soul of all the colors in the rainbow. This allowed him to create freely, and stay connected with his creations like he was a part of them.

Fate gave him one rule: Never overcrowd the multiverse. Ink, however, forgot this most important rule, and started creating until there was no more room in the Doodlesphere for Ink's precious AUs. Fate had tried to talk some sense into him, either directly or indirectly, but he kept forgetting. Frustrated, Fate decided to give Ink a very firm, clear-as-day reminder in the form of another skeleton. She didn't give this one the power to create; instead, his job was to destroy. Destroy enough that Ink will learn to recognize that enough was enough. Error was created, and sent to restore the balance of the multiverse. Error destroyed universe after universe, fueled by the rage and hurt Fate inflicted upon him to do his job, and finally met Ink. The creator had no idea how to approach this situation, especially after so many of his creations had been lost. He tried to reason with the multicolored skeleton, but to no avail. He eventually resorted to forcing the destroyer to retreat, and retreat he did back to his mockery of a home, the Anti-Void.

Which brings us to where we are now.

Error was busy knitting a new coat to replace his old, battered and torn one. He had had a lucky break that Ink decided to stop creating altogether for about a week now, so he nearly completed the new coat. It would go nicely with the silvery blue scarf he'd made the week before, and he thought he'd make some nice fingerless gloves to complete the new outfit.

Despite Ink's, ah, sudden lack of inspiration, Error knew not to get comfortable. Complacency infuriates them. He couldn't afford to make them angry, not with how much progress he's made. Those damn voices make everything harder for him. But, there were a few times he was grateful they were there.

One such time would be when Fresh ambushed him in AlterFell. The Virus had taken a liking to tormenting Error, most likely because nothing he does seems to kill Error. It becomes a game to him. 'Let's see what I can do to hurt Error today!' is probably his catchphrase by now. Anyway, Error had gone through the Snowdin of AlterFell and was heading toward Waterfall, killing monsters and tearing apart code as he went. Fresh had lied in wait for him at the entrance to Waterfall, a glowing ball of highly destructive magic in his hands. He intended to throw this at Error when his guard was down to see what would happen. As Error passed Fresh's hiding spot, a voice suddenly screeched, 'LOOK OUT!'

Error immediately ducked, and witnessed the magic ball sail over him. It detonated on a wall about twenty feet in front of him, causing an explosion and debris to fly everywhere. Error partially shielded himself from it, and when he looked back to where the ball had come from, the culprit was gone.

Error still didn't know how they knew, but whatever. Next time, he'll allow it to happen. He won't duck, and maybe it'll kill him. Maybe that was wishful thinking, though. He has tried quite a few times - so many that he's lost count - to end his horrible existence, much to the dismay of Blueberry, Sci, and the Bad Sanses. They were the only ones who cared and understood his predicament, and though Sci is on Error's side, he isn't brave enough to try to convince Ink and those close to him that Error isn't evil.

At least, not anymore.

When Error first met Sci, he had just let Blueberry out of the Anti-Void. He was starting to question his sanity - or what remains of it - in the aftermath of about twenty AUs being created and destroyed in rapid succession. He had stopped in ScienceTale to take a break and maybe get some answers from one of the smartest Sanses out there. Sci only consented to helping Error find some logic to his illogical job out of fear. Later on, though, his curiosity grew. Why would the destroyer of AUs want to know why he was destroying AUs in the first place? With Error's knowledge of the multiverse, Sci found that the multiverse was limited, and could only hold so much in it at a time. He thought this news was huge, and pleaded with Error to tell everyone about it. Error agreed, and the next time he met Ink in battle, he tried to talk to the creator. He really did try, but Ink wouldn't listen; he was too upset with Error's previous actions to care what the glitch had to say anymore. For all he knew, Error was simply spreading lies and distracting him from the destruction he was causing to every AU he enters.

After a very lengthy battle, Error returned to ScienceTale, heavily wounded and hopeless. Sci offered to heal him, but Error declined the offer. He informed Sci that his body was used to this, and would heal itself with time. They had parted ways then, and Sci had been Error's secret double agent ever since.

Now, Error had finished the coat. He stood up from the floor of the Anti-Void and held the coat up to him.
'I really hope I got the proportions right,' he thought. 'Otherwise, I'll have start all over.'

He slipped one scarred, nearly broken hand through one sleeve, then slipped the second into the other sleeve. He adjusted the coat and centered it, then ran a hand up the sleeve. At least this one was soft. His jacket, lying on the ground in front of him, was rough and scratchy where it touched his bones. It was torn up and full of unfixable holes, anyway. He sighed, feeling accomplished with how this turned out. The coat he was wearing was black and the trim was gold. It went down to the middle of his shin, and the collar didn't touch his neck. Huge plus right there, since there were cuts on his neck that haven't fully healed yet.

"ℍ𝕖𝕪, 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕟!"

Oh great. They are back

"𝔾𝕠 𝕕𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕛𝕠𝕓, 𝕚𝕕𝕚𝕠𝕥!"

"Alright! I'm going...." Error muttered. He opened a portal to the AU he felt was too close to another one. Oh boy, he gets to destroy a Flowerfell copy today! Yippee.....

He worked his way from the Ruins all the way to Snowdin when Ink finally arrived on the scene. Brandishing his paintbrush, he glared at the glitchy skeleton before him.

"Stop! I will not let you destroy this AU, Error!" The contempt he felt for the destroyer stung like icicles in Error's soul, making him feel terrible for doing this. He dodged some red paint, but couldn't dodge as Ink charged him at full speed. Ink slammed the paintbrush down onto Error's arm, earning a scream of pain from the destroyer. The glitch sent numerous strings at his adversary, momentarily distracting him. He got up, dodging attack after attack, but another got him right in the chest.

'This isn't going too well,' Error thought as he summoned a gaster blaster and aimed it at Ink. The creator blocked the blast, and threw a volley of purple paint in Error's direction. Error teleported out of the way, but was met with a paintbrush to the face.

[CRACK]

A huge chunk of Error's skull went flying, leaving a large hole above his left eyesocket. Blood poured from the wound, clogging up his vision. Hammers went off in his head, disorienting him and making him more vulnerable. He realized this when Ink swept his feet out from underneath him, and he fell into the snow.

"Will you stop now?" Ink questioned, pointing his paintbrush in Error's face. The glitch looked up at him, a solemn look in his eyelights, and smiled. Not an insane smile, a sad one. One filled with pain, sorrow, hopelessness, and regret.

"I can't."

A portal appeared under Error, and swallowed the destroyer up. Ink let out a growl of frustration and left through his own portal.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Welcome to dis book! This is just the beginning, but I hope you, dear reader, enjoy it. Like I stated in the description, I am letting my imagination run wild with this, so it may or may not have some plotholes, and it may or may not make sense.

Then again, this fandom isn't known for its logic, so who the hell cares?

Anyway, hope ya like long chapters, cuz these may get extremely long :')