Chapter 35

•~•~•~•Tris's POV•~•~•~•

We're all stuck in the waiting room; they won't let us in to see Christina.

"What do you think is going to happen?" Marlene asks out loud. I feel like crying. I can't believe my best friend is losing her baby.

"I don't know." I answer quietly. I look up at the girls, and see that they all have teary eyes. I let my chin wobble, and then the tears come out. I don't care if I'm supposed to be Dauntless, at this time, when my best friend is in the infirmary, I don't care what people will say. I'm allowed to have emotions.

Lynn comes over to me to comfort me, and soon enough, we are all in a ball of limbs, crying our eyes out. Just then, the boys burst in, and Will goes crazy.

"Where is she? What happened?" He asks us, and I try to answer, but only sobs come out.

"Tris, come here." Tobias says, pulling me into a hug. Zeke and Uriah hug Shauna and Marlene, while Lynn is crying by herself and Will is pacing the waiting room.

"Will, I-I think you-u're allowed in, they s-said it was fami-ily only." I get out, sobs forcing their way between words. He jerks his head up, hugs me (much to Tobias's dismay), and runs to the front desk.

I can distinctly hear him talking to the lady, and they take him through the doors to Christina.

"The fight is off." Zeke states. We all nod in agreement.

I lean into Tobias some more, and he kisses the top of my head.

"Where's Meri Sienna?" He whispers in my ear.

"I had to go, so I left her with Beth, a girl that we met. Meri Sienna really likes her, and Beth gave me her phone number and address and everything." He doesn't look convinced. "She's safe, Four." I say, saying his nickname in case anyone was listening. He nods.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Christina comes out, and we all stand up at the same time.

"So?" I ask, hugging her. She smiles.

"They saved it. There was this new healing serum, and they saved my baby." She says happily. We all cry and laugh at the same time, hugging her tight.