÷𝟝𝟜÷

"We still have a mission to get on with

"We still have a mission to get on with." Baekhyun tuned into the frequency to remind all of them. 

"There's a crew on the ground floor, the plan fell through you guys. When Lucas left, there wasn't enough backup and Hwan and Jongin got captured but it seems they don't know where they are. And Chao Yin is therefore stuck in the base underground because the entrance is sealed off." 

"How are we going to get out of this?" Lola asked, unsure of how this was a battle they could win. "We need someone to lead." 

"Could Didi do it?" Chao Yin asked over the radio. 
"No! I can't. I'm not meant to be a leader. It should be Renjun. Renjun and Haizhen were the only ones among us with powers."

"Renjun?" Donghyuck tried to get his attention by calling his name, not being able to see his face meant he couldn't tell if the boy wasn't responding on purpose or not. 
"I'm not doing it..." 

"Yes, you fucking are." Suddenly, Taeyong intercepted the radio, "Not only do you have powers, but you are leader material. Haizhen may not have a will or any of that shit, but you don't have a choice. It was always going to be you to take over. Besides, you got us in this mess in the first place. This was your idea since the start." 

Renjun bit his lip painfully. Taeyong was right, it had been his idea to carry out this mission. Even when Haizhen had warned him against it, he wanted the mission to be carried out.  

"Okay, I'll do it. What's going on with Kai?" After much thought, well as much thought as he could fit in three seconds, he decided to just do it.

"There is a crew on the ground floor, but Kai isn't there. He's at what looks like a convenience store. Just down the road from you. He said that he's here alone, he didn't bring his members with him. That he won't hurt anyone and he'll give back the prisoners so long as he sees Meihua." 

The boy froze. This is why he couldn't be leader. Haizhen would've been able to put this attachment aside to get the job done. But he couldn't. Even though Meihua was so unbelievably angry with him, he still couldn't help but care for her. He couldn't place her in danger. 

"I can't put Meihua in that position..." 
"Yes, you can," Meihua tuned into the frequency, ready to say her piece, "Huang Renjun, you said you would let me have my say and give me my own freedom. I want to do it. It's my fault Haizhen is dead, so I'm going to do my part. I'm not some kind of doll that everyone has to keep safe." 

He nodded reluctantly, before planning out something in his head, 
"So, then, Suxy and Ten, move Haizhen's body to somewhere safer, preferably one of the cars after which Ten just keep Suxy company. Didi, Lucas and Lola, go back and try and find Hwan and Jongin, maybe help Chao Yin if possible. Donghyuck follow Meihua and be sure to tell me if I need to go in and help; Taemin keep an eye on Didi and; Taeyong,  you can switch between Ten, Chao Yin and the surrounding area. Is that good?" 

Everyone on the line agreed to the plan. His authoritative voice not leaving room for any complaints, if anyone even had any to begin with. 
He tuned out of the frequency for a second. 

"Mei... Am I in trouble? With you? I'm so-" 
She cut him off by kissing him. It was short and simple, but it was filled with longing and hurt and millions of other shards and threads of unnamable things. 

"Don't say sorry, Jun, at least not now. We have a job to do." 

÷÷÷

÷÷÷

no bcs these two keep kissing but won't say if they're dating- ARE YALL DATING? MEIJUN? IS IT FOR REAL OR ARE WE JOKERS UP IN HERE?

am i in trouble? with you? no bcs why can my mind just imagine this as a really over dramatic scene in a movie, im wheezing HELP-

i can't stop listening to no way by lee hi, ITS ACC SUCH AN AMAZING SONG-