÷𝟛𝟡÷

"Mei

"Mei..." He interrupted the girl who was holding him in her arms. He sat up properly and crossed his legs opposite her to say what he wanted to say.

"Before you ask anything about uhm- about us, I have a lot of things that I need to tell you."
He blushed a little at trying to form that sentence, causing her to laugh at him.

"Hey, sunshine, don't laugh, this is serious."
"Okay, I'm listening."
"Oh God- Where do I start?-"
"Well I already know that the government is trying to control everyone with microchips and that they're hunting you down because of your power. I also know that I lost a lot of my memories since before I went to Korea and I should've lost all of the ones since coming back to China after the extraction, but I didn't. And uhm that I- I'm not, I don't know who my family is. And yeah thats it."

The last few lines were difficult to say: Renjun could see that in the faltering of her eyes and the uncertain twisting of her lips, but she managed.

"So then what you don't know is that certain programming can be run to make sure you don't lose all your memories, so that you would still remember me and everyone else in the way you should, not how the government taught you. But this programme needs to be monitored 24/7 which was Mark's job, but he's obviously not here anymore."
"So who controls that programme now then?"
"No one, you're allowed freedom of thought now."

"So how come I haven't lost my memories now? And how come I would lose my memories to begin with?"

Renjun dodged the first question but gave into answering the second,
"The extraction process is really dangerous and volatile. Really, what the outcome should've been is that, either, you would have lost your memories of anything before having the chip implanted - which we can't be sure happened anyway. Or lose all your memories after the chip was implanted, and retrieving the old ones."

"If it was so dangerous then why do it on me? Why me?"
"You'll understand one day, sunshine."

She sighed, nodding without question.
"What you also don't know is that this whole thing, like me, Hyuck, Mark, Haizhen and her group, we're all a society working against the government. To stop them from taking control of everyone and ultimately killing anyone who has natural powers."

She chewed on the inside of her mouth, it was a lot to take in at once.
"I just wanted to say that-"

Renjun was cut off by Haizhen pushing through the door of the med bay. She seemed excited.
"Did you ask her yet?"
"Ask her what?"
"If she's willing to train."

÷÷÷

÷÷÷

hiiii~ iastg i swear these two keep getting interrupted everytime they talk lyke- let them speak ples...