÷𝟝𝟛÷

Suxy could not stop crying

"She was my only mother. When my mother hated me and almost killed me, Haizhen was there. Haizhen treated me like how parents should treat their children." 

Her shaking hands kept running through her hair, along her knees, up her arms then back to her hair again. It would be normal to expect that the tears would flow for a bit, but the lustrous liquid the careered down her red cheeks was seemingly forever. 

Everyone was sad. But they all showed that in different ways. 

"I fucking forgave her for killing my father. The only person who loved me just a little and then she goes and dies. She's not fucking allowed, she said she would spend her whole life making it up to me. She didn't do that. She broke her promise." 

Hwan wiped her nose repeatedly but it couldn't stop the angry pain as she cried over the communication line. The pain that someone who she held so dearly to her heart, someone she loved so much, was gone like that. 

Ten and Lola talked to Suxy in English, it reminded her of home, and sometimes she needed to be reminded of home when things got tough. 

Didi sat. She was stunned. It still wouldn't click in her brain that Haizhen was truly gone like that. Haizhen was dead? Really? 

Chao Yin shouted at Renjun over the communication line, trying to look for someone to blame. 
"You couldn't have saved her? That's you're fucking power, to bring things to life, t-to make people's dreams and wishes come true. 

From her place in the base, she was crying and trying to wipe her mucus away onto her sleeves. 

"I tried to," Renjun responded, "I really did. But she pushed back against me. The bullet wound wasn't going to kill her, even someone without powers could've survived. But that's why she died, she used her powers. She killed herself. And when I tried to save her, I felt the push of her power against mine and I couldn't win. She was always better than me." 

By now, even Renjun was crying. Was there something he could've done differently to save his best friend since childhood? The leader and guidance for many of his close friends? The sister of the love of his life?  

 Was there something he could've done differently to save his best friend since childhood? The leader and guidance for many of his close friends? The sister of the love of his life?  

÷÷÷

MANY THINGS HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER- but like haizhen bby, why did you kill yourself 💧💧💧 its oki though, i miss u

imagine if i wrote a part 2 (which i am in the process of doing) she wouldn't get her part, that's upsetting to me. like she's literally the leader of all that they're doing here and she won't get to go past this moment and live in a time where the government isn't a bunch of nasty bitches who wanna kill her

ALSO DID Y'ALL KNOW THAT HAIZHEN HAD A POWER LMAO-

and renjun called mei the love of his life 🥺🥺🥺 and WAIT MEI'S SISTER?!?

lmao this author's note was unnecessarily long