chapter sixteen: in death comes peace

The girl had just plunged the knife into her stomach, "No!" Newt shouted before running towards the girl. She looked at him as she fell, he caught her before she hit the ground. He put his arms around the girl, her head was resting on his leg. "I'm sorry Blondie.." she said looking into his eyes. "No Y/n.." he said with tears falling down his face, "I.. I promised you you would be okay. You're fine okay.." he said looking down at the girl. The boy had tears falling down his face as he cradled the girl in his arms, Thomas had tears falling down his face. "Y/n, you're my sister.. we've been together our entire lives. I can't lose you now." he said holding the girls' other hand, Newt was holding the other.

Newt looked into the girls' eyes, "We haven't lost you alright? You're fine love.. I love you so much, do you hear me?" he said to her. She smiled slightly, her hands covered in black blood. "I remember.." she said, "I remember everything.." she said in a crackily voice. The girl could remember her life before the maze, the mother. Her father. Her brother. Everything. She remembered running around the garden on sunny days with Thomas, or Stephen as he was called before. She liked Thomas more. She remembered when she was alone in the Scorch, running out of water. When she saw a large building before passing out, she could remember working for wckd. She remembered being sent into the maze, "We hated eachother." she said with a slight laugh looking at Newt, tears falling out of everyones eyes.

"Yeah? Well I love you now, more than anything on this planet." he said with a sad smile. "It's okay Newt.." she said looking up at him, "I'm free now.." she said looking up at him. "Don't say that Y/n.." Newt replied. She looked up at his beautiful brown eyes and his long blonde hair, "I want you.. to live.. for me." she said, "I want you.. to get the cure and.. live." she said, her breathing slowing. The boy started crying more than before, "We can live together, I know we will okay?" he said looking down at her, he looked up at Thomas, "Where the hell are they?" he said to him. Her brother shrugged before looking back down at the girl. "Thank you Tommy.." she said looking at him with a smile. She looked back at the blonde boy, "I love you so much.." she said with a smile. She looked up at the blonde boy one last time, before her eyes closed.