chapter eight: teresa

~*Teresa's Pov*~
Teresa stepped into the laboratory in which she worked in practically everyday. She walked over to a bed which had a small girl on it, "Hello Miss Teresa.." the little girl panted. She had been infected with The Flare for three weeks now, her sickness was moving faster than Y/n because she had been bitten. A scratch and a bite have two different reactions. The bite will make it move faster and it will be more violent, whereas the scratch moves slower depending on the size. Newt had a larger scratch than Y/n so his was moving faster. "Hello.." Teresa said sitting down beside her. "How are you feeling?" she said in a calm, kind voice. "Not very good.." the little girl said. Teresa was handed a large syringe, it had a small vial of blue liquid in the middle.

"Is that gonna make me better?" the girl said quietly. "I hope so.." Teresa said with a smile. "Do you remember that house? The one you used to live in?" she said after, the girl shook her head whilst saying, "I don't remember.." Teresa looked at the girls' arm, "By the lake?" then she injected the liquid into her arm. The childs' body tensed up everywhere. "I-i-it burns!" she said in pain. "I know.. I know.." Teresa said sympathetically. "There.. it's over." she said pulling the syringe out of her arm. The girl opened her eyes, they slowly cleared and her skin looked brighter.

Janson walked around a corner and stood beside Ava Paige, "Look.." she said. He saw the young girl sitting up chatting away to Teresa, not a black vein in sight. "That is remarkable." there was a slight pause, "Does she know?" Ava shook her head, "She cannot know Thomas is here, I need her to be fully concentrated without any distractions. If anything is going to distract her it will be that boy." Janson looked at her, "Surely they are coming for their friend, is that all? I mean we could just protect the holding cells more."

She shook her head, "No, that's not it. Subjects 0&5 have both been infected. The two non-immunes. If they've found their way in here how long do you think this city will last with Cranks running around it." Janson looked back into the window, "Well if we see either of them, we will kill them."

Teresa had packed her stuff away and said goodbye to the little girl. She went outside and was on her way home. She reached a zebra crossing and saw something she didn't expect to see ever again. Thomas. A bus passed and she saw him walking away, she pushed through the thick crowds of people hearing a lot of curse words as she pushed into them. She ran into the centre of the building and looked around. She saw Thomas walking away with his hood up and his back facing her. "Thomas.." she said quickly walking after him, "Thomas!" she said slightly louder as he went around a corner.

She bolted around the corner and saw nobody. Had she just been seeing things? She was tired. Then she heard footsteps, she turned around and there he was. "Thomas.." she said suprised, "Hi Teresa.." he said quietly. "What are you doing here? If Janson sees you he wil-" he quickly interrupted her. "I'm not staying. I just had to see you." She looked at him with tears forming in her eyes, "I just have one question. Do you regret it? What you did to us?" She looked away then back to him, "Sometimes, sometimes I don't. I did what I thought was right. I'd do it again.." Thomas looked at her, "Good." then a bag was slipped over her head.