chapter seven: newt

The next morning came very slowly, Y/n got dressed into a grey long sleeved jumper and some leggings she had found. She came out to the place where everyone was planning. "No.. no there has to be another way! Teresa cannot be the answer to this!" Thomas shouted out, Newt looked very annoyed in general. He was never very annoyed so this confused Y/n. "Thomas, she's the only way! You saw! The city was hard enough to get into without getting noticed nevermind finding a way in without someone who works for wckd." Gally shouted back. "I don't want her getting put in any danger!" Thomas shouted back at him.

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda said loudly, everyone turned to look at her. "This is the same girl that betrayed us? Correct? Same dick?" she continued, Gally let out a slight laugh, "I like her." he said looking at her. There was a short silence, "What are you scared your little girlfriends gonna get hurt?" Newt said looking up at him. "Newt, what?" Thomas said quickly, "Teresa! This never really has just been about saving Minho has it?" he stood up from his leaning position on the table. Y/n turned around and looked at him, she didn't say anything. "Now we finally have a chance to get him back and you don't want to because of her?" Newt said angrily walking towards Thomas, at this point they had reached a wall and had nowhere else to go.

"Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you. Just admit it." Newt said with their faces inches away from eachother, "Newt-" He slammed him against the wall, "Don't lie to me! Don't.. lie.. to me!" Newt shouted. Y/n ran over and stood inbetween the two boys, "Newt.. calm down." she said looking him in the eyes. "I.. i'm sorry Tommy.." Newt said quietly stepping away, "I'm sorry.." he said before leaving. Y/n followed him quickly, Thomas not far behind.

Newt and Y/n were now sitting beside eachother on a ledge, "What was that?" she said as Thomas walked outside. He walked over beside them, "Guess there's no point in trying to hide this anymore." Newt said pulling up his red sleeve to reveal that he had been infected, his veins were black and purple. "Oh my god.." Y/n said quietly, tears forming in her eyes. "Did I-?" "No. I got scratched in the tunnel. It was more of a scratch than yours, so it's spreading quicker." Thomas knelt down, "Why didn't you tell us?" Newt looked at the pair, "Didn't think it would make a difference."

"I'm guessing wicked put us in that maze to tell the difference between people like you and people like us." he said looking down at his hand again. "We can get the ser-" Y/n said before being interrupted, "No, Minho comes first remember?" he said looking into the girls' eyes. "If it comes between Minho and you, you know exactly who I'm gonna pick." she said looking down at his arm again. He put two fingers on her chin and lifted it back up again, "We have to do all we can to save Minho. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here, you of all people should know that love." "I know.." she said as the blonde boy pulled her into a hug. There were tears falling down her face.