chapter six: concerns

"Are you lot the only other ones left?" Gally asked, "Yeah.. obviously except for Minho." Y/n replied, her voice cracking doing so. They walked in silence for a little longer until Y/n coughed slightly, everyone looked at her quickly. "I'm fine guys, calm yourselves down." she said with a slight laugh. Newt held the girls' hand and continued walking. Over the loud speakers they heard, 'Mandatory curfew in 15 minutes. Please make your way home in an orderly fashion. Also, if you see any suspicious activity, let us know. Remember, wicked is good.' "Mandatory curfew?" Newt said abruptly, "Yeah, it was brought up here about a month or so ago." Gally replied.

They made their way inside a huge stone wall, it had stairs inside of it. They made their way up what felt like hundreds of flights of stairs, they reached the seventh and Y/n couldn't keep going. She leant against the railing, panting. "You can do it love, I know you can." Newt said to her she looked him in the eyes and nodded firmly. She made her way to the top after about ten more minutes of walking up stairs.

Gally and Thomas waited at the top, she reached the top and Newt put his arm around her for stability. She leant against the railing as Gally set up a telescope, "Why.. would you need that?" she asked panting still slightly. "You'll see." Newt and the girl shared a confused look. He finished setting it up, "Well.. go on Greenie." Gally said to him. "Gally it's been more than two months." Gally shrugged as Thomas looked inside. He came out of it and looked shocked, Y/n walked up and looked in the telescope. "Teresa." she said. "I said I had a way of getting in, I didn't say you were gonna like it." Gally said to Thomas.

"I still haven't forgiven you, you know." Thomas said looking at him. "Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I couldn't control it. It's like the only thing I wanted to do was shoot Y/n. Everytime I close my eyes, all I can see is Chucks' face. It hurts me every night knowing that I'm the reason he isn't here with us right now." Gally said, getting quite worked up. "It's fine Gally.. we know it wasn't your fault." Y/n said to him. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

They made their way back to the compound with the strange looking man who was known as 'Lawrence' and the rest of their friends. "We have a plan, but we will discuss it tomorrow. We could all really use some sleep." Gally said to everyone. "Sounds like a plan hermano." Jorge said standing up and walking over to his room. He shared with Brenda and Frypan, then Newt, Y/n and Thomas shared another one. The beds weren't very comfortable but it was better than nothing. Y/n made her way to her room and sat down on the bed, "Two days.." she said quietly, "Only two days until I'm a gonner." Newt sat down beside her, "Don't say that. You're gonna be fine do you hear me? I promise you, you will be fine."

It had been an hour since Gally had told everyone to go to bed, neither of the trio could sleep. They were all either looking up to the ceiling or a wall. "There's no bugging point in even trying to sleep." Y/n said sitting up. The boys sat up too, Y/n's arm was starting to get worse. The veins were getting darker and more prominent. Everyone could see it no matter what, even if she tried to hide it it would still be visible. She knew the end was coming, she could feel it.