Ch.11 •Brenda?•

Start from the beginning

Before I realized what was going on I was thrown across the place. My ears ringing from the sound of a lightning bolt. I looked up and saw Thomas laying on the floor holding his ears looking at something. I looked in the direction Thomas was looking to see Minho laying unconscious smoke coming from his body. Shit had Minho saved me from being struck. I ran over to Minho's side, Thomas barely getting up not far away. "Minho!" I yelled gripping his jacket in my hands trying to wake him.

I couldn't hear my own screams all I could hear were faint ringing and screaming. I felt Thomas pull me off Minho helping me run as Aris and Newt picked Minho up. We ran into a dark room a flashlight was turned on being pointed at Minho. "Are you okay?" Aris asked me from beside me "yeah, yeah just a few scratches. Minho saved me from being struck," I responded quickly coughing. We were all trying to wake Minho."Minho!" I heard Thomas yell shaking Minho's body. "Come on Minho!" I yelled grabbing his arm looking for a pulse.

I was scared, if he died It'd be my fault. He pushed me out of the way and saved me. Pushing back tears I heard Minho grunt, he was looking at his hands. "What happened?" He said in a low voice. "You got struck by lightning," said Thomas. "And you saved me," I said with a thankful smile. "Oh." Was all Minho managed to say with a grin making us all laugh in relief. I saw Teresa walking away so I followed her, "Hey, what's that smell?" She said from in front of me. "Ugh it's disgusting," I said pinching my nose.

Then suddenly I heard an odd yell, a crank. I quickly pulled Teresa back before the crank could reach her. We all screamed noticing we were surrounded by chained-up cranks. "Thanks," Teresa quickly said to me before we all huddled up. "I see you've met our guard dogs," yelled an oddly familiar voice while some lights were turned on revealing a teenage girl with short hair. She walked towards us not being bothered by the cranks.

"You guys look like shit," she stated looking at all of us. I squinted my eyes trying to recognize her when it finally came to me, "Holy shit! Brenda?" I said getting everyone's attention. "Do I know you?" She responded with the sass I missed so much. "Ouch! Really Bren!" I said putting a hand to my heart. Her eyes seemed to light up, only I called her that to annoy her, she hated it. "Wait! Smalls?!" She said with a shocked face. Only she called me that because growing up she was always taller than me. But look at us now, the same height. "The one and only!" I replied with my arms wide open engulfing her into a hug. "Smalls?!" Everyone exclaimed looking at me with confused faces.

"Hey! Only she can call me that!" I snapped playfully rolling my eyes. She's my cousin the one I told you about. "Come on follow me," Brenda said as I followed her but no one else moved. "Unless you wanna stay here with them," Brenda said looking back at them then gave me a look. "Oh come on. Will you guys trust me we're safe!" I said especially towards Minho and Thomas knowing if they both moved so would the others. Minho grabbed Thomas's shoulder as he talked to the group, "Look here shanks...I don't know if she's brave or stupid, but I trust her." I heard Minho say to the group as they all nodded in agreement and turned to face Brenda and I again. "Thanks Minho," I said as he gave me a nod.

 "Thanks Minho," I said as he gave me a nod