I threw the walkie-talkie out of the car, slamming my hands against the steering wheel. I looked down at my hands still covered in my moms fresh blood as I broke down. Once I had calmed down I washed my hands. I felt nothing, I felt empty, no emotion left, no more tears left to cry. I saw both my parents die right in front of my eyes. I repeated to myself in my head, "Drive. Break. Eat. Drive. Break. Eat." I drove as far as I could in the direction shown on the map. It was now nightfall I had parked my car in a hidden place. After a while of trying to sleep I gave up and began to get lost in thought, Lawrence and the boys must think I'm dead, my parents were dead, I was alone in the middle of nowhere...

(The next morning)

Last night a barely got any sleep. I filled my gas tank with what was left of gas. I drove until a few hours before nightfall. I had run out of food and almost out of gas I was in the middle of nowhere. I could see a large building, may be a sanctuary for people. I drove as close as I could until it got dark. My car slowed down and then it came to a stop. I ran out of gas. I put on my backpack, my handgun in my holster, and my rifle and held my rifle in one hand. I ran near some dunes and hid behind them to take a look at the large sanctuary in front of me.

It was getting dark and all I could see were bright lights and cranks walking around the building trying to get in. I stayed in my spot for a while and drank some water, I still had a couple more bottles of water left. I stayed looking out into the building until I heard alarms coming from inside. The big doors opened and with my binoculars, I spot eight human figures run out, they looked to be young. Why would they be running out of a safe place?

I kept watching, looking to see where they were running to

I kept watching, looking to see where they were running to. They were running my way. Away from lots of motorbikes and soldiers holding guns. Wait it's WCKD I just set myself up. And the eight human figures were running my way so I quickly hid behind the side of a torn-down building nearby. After a few minutes, I spotted them closer hiding behind the same dune I was once hiding behind. Then a girl ran down into the building I am currently hiding in with 7 guys running down behind her, teenagers around my age, WCKD subjects. They were all looking around three were kneeling and five were standing.