32. Kendall: Unexpected Requests

"A bridesmaid? Me?" Kendall squinted at Lilith, who stood before her in the Moores' backyard a few days later. "If you think you're doing me a favor, spare me."

"It's not like that. I was just trying to be nice." Lilith did an awkward little shrug. "The fact is, you did kind of help make this happen."

"You mean because of the bet?"

"I suppose some good came out of it in the end. Although I don't think I'll ever be making such a wager ever again."

"Me too. Enough bets for me. I sure learned my lesson." Kendall slowed from walking with a trotting Sky, going over to join Lilith. "By the way, thank you."

"For what?"

"For calling it off."

Lilith waved an arm airily. "We have enough horses up in the manor. What do I need another one for?"

Kendall plucked a twig from a tree, twiddling it between her hands. "You really want me to be a bridesmaid?"

Lilith nodded. "Together with Olivia and the twins."

"I was a bridesmaid once, at my friend Lindsay's wedding. But it was a small, simple affair."

"This should be fun then. Regina and I are thinking of holding the ceremony in the square, like her and my father's wedding. But it'll have to be bigger, big enough so everyone in Coser can be a part of it."

"That sounds nice."

"So is that a yes?"

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but yes."

"Good! I'm so happy, I won't even repeat that expression, you know: 'Always a bridesmaid, never a bride'?"

"You're too kind," Kendall said dryly. "So what will you need of me now that I'm to be a bridesmaid?"

"I'll need you to come to the tailor's tomorrow afternoon for a fitting. Other than that, not much else. Regina and I will manage everything."

Kendall nodded a few times, still amazed that this wedding was actually happening. To think, in about a month, Lilith would be her sister-in-law.

"There is something else however," Lilith told her, as if remembering something. "But it's more of a favor."

"What?"

"I need to speak to Logan, and I was hoping you would come with me."

"Um, why?"

"I just thought it might be better if you were there."

"If this is going to be the kind of thing where the two of you reminisce about the past - "

"No, it's nothing like that. All I want is to put all that behind us and move forward."

"I believe he wants that too." Kendall shrugged. "Alright, then, since you asked so nicely, fine. I am at your disposal."

The two girls made their way out, with Lilith pausing to give Brandon a kiss goodbye. During the walk to the Hurtmore estate, curiosity got the better of Kendall and she asked, "Have you got your dress already?"

Lilith turned to smile at her. "I'm using my mother's old wedding dress."

"Very nice."

"It's a good thing she and I were about the same height, although I need the tailor to let out the stitches a little."

"You're kidding! You're as slim as can be."

"Not as slim as she was."

"Not to worry, I'm sure Brandon appreciates your curves."