Chapter 11

Perci took hesitant steps in the room; her mouth ajar, eyebrows furrowed together. The room looked like a temple of some sort. She walked in, the pieces of glass from the broken lamps above crunching under her sneakers. 

At the head of the room was something that looked like a stone slab with engravings and embellishments; It was smashed into pieces, probably by a fist, judging by the dents on it.  An altar....she figured after reading the engravings on the pieces of stone. But why was it broken?

She looked around the room and found more stains of blood and dents in the walls. But the strangest thing was that there were burn marks on the walls and all the lights in the room were fused. What had happened here?  Who did this? And why?

Perci decided to close the room. She had a new thing to figure out. She quickly closed the door and locked it again. She didn't want Diana finding her here. 

She ran upstairs and straight to the clock in the living room. It was already 10. Diana would be back in an hour. She had to hurry. She thought hard at how could the room and the other things she had found in the house lead to an explanation; until something popped in her head, all she needed to do was try it out, she might find some other things if not the one she was looking for. She rushed to Diana's room, gulping. She found what she was looking for- a picture of Diana with a blonde man during a sunset on the beach. They were embracing each other...and Diana looked truly happy. And another one with two women and two boys. The women looked like they had an age difference of four or five years. The boys looked like they were both ten or eleven. Maybe they were or are, someone important.

Diana had often mentioned people from her team, the Justice league, even showed her pictures of those people. They weren't one of them for sure. She didn't bother hiding their real names. Diana really trusted her. She did feel guilty doing it, but her curiosity was much more dominant. Hell, she didn't even know where did Diana come from, she was definitely not from round here.

Her ears pricked up when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"What are you up to here?" Shit. She was sooooo gone.

She turned around slowly swallowing her fears and faced the owner of the room  leaning against the door frame.

She couldn't really read the look on Diana's face- it was a mix of annoyance, curiosity and what's-your-nose-doing-in-my-business look. Overall, she was unimpressed. It seemed like the party was not exactly her type-she was back early, already a bit annoyed and had her sandals in her hands.

"Um..hi...you're back early?" she replied with an awkward grin, hiding the photo frames behind her back. Diana sighed. How the hell did she not hear her coming!