Chapter 6

Diana woke to the sounds of rustling of bed sheets rustling near her. She didn't look back, but grew tense. She silently pulled out a dagger from under her pillow, her heart pounding in her chest. Turning slowly, dagger in hand, she propped herself up on  her king sized bed and saw someone under the sheets roughly y from her.

Her breathing hitched for a second. That was his side of the bed. No one else could be there.

For a moment anger flashed on her face. She inched closer to the figure, dagger moving closer to its head. She yanked down the sheets revealing an equally surprised Perci.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she nearly yelled

"I-I had a nightmare." she replied while casually pushing back the dagger, which was now dangerously near her eye with a finger. 

For a moment Diana felt sorry for the girl. Something must have happened to her...something bad. 

Diana let herself drop down on the bed, placing a hand on her face as she took a deep breath. "Okay. But tell me before you plan on taking a stroll at night. I might kill you accidentally." She nodded. 

Diana glanced up at the clock. It was nearly 4. She could do with a jog and a cup of coffee. She sat up on the bed and thought twice about her next words. She had to do it. For the girl. 

"You said you needed training. Sleeping in won't help."

She looked at the girl and saw her grin ear to ear. "So you're in?" Diana sighed and nodded.

    *********

To say the least, Diana was impressed. The girl was pretty good with almost all types of weapons, mostly swords and daggers. It seemed she liked her her blade, Riptide. 

Perci was good in most martial arts. Just a few corrections here and there. Maybe it wasn't so bad training a good pupil. Diana couldn't help but grin proudly as her cousin attacked the dummy with a dagger; she was swift and vicious, each blow landing with sharp accuracy. It had been only a week into training and the girl seemed like she had spent millennia perfecting it.

It seemed the girl was now skilled enough to accept a challenge from her. Diana smirked as she raised her hand. Perci stopped kicking the dummy and looked at her.

"I think its time."

Perci smiled wide as got into defensive stance, weapons raised.